Did a search but didn't find a solution...or a reason.

I was visiting relatives last weekend, no clock on the bedside table, so I tried to put the phone in bedside mode thinking I could use it as a clock all night. The phone was plugged in and charging, I turned Bedside Mode on, but after a minute, the screen turned off! I messed around in the settings, but couldn't fix the problem. Im running .230

Is this how bedside mode is supposed to function? Shouldn't the clock stay visible...so you can see it at night without having to get up and press buttons?
    02-09-10 03:48 PM
    Not sure about how to fix it, but my current BB and my last one both kept the screen on throughout the night in bedside mode.
    02-09-10 04:15 PM
    Mine stays on if its plugged in or in the cradle, otherwise it turns off.
    02-09-10 04:18 PM
    Bedside mode should have your clock visible, but dimmed out a bit.

I have mine set where every time I go to bed and plug it in to charge, it goes into bedside mode. This way I do not hear any messages going through, no flashing lights etc. All I hear is the alarm going off from the phone and a dimmed out flip clock.

Since downloading .419 though bedside works 90% of the time for me. Once in a while the clock will stay bright, and other times emails will come through.

Thats what you get for a leaked OS I guess.....
    02-09-10 05:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD