I've been very happy with BBSmart Alarms Pro on my Curve and now just switched to the Tour. The application itself works, but some of the custom tones (mp3 files) don't work anymore.

The most frustrating part of all is that I've written BBSmart about this issue several times (waiting several days between each inquiry since they quote 1-2 days for a response) and have even included several MP3 files (both one that works and others that don't) in an effort to help them diagnose and fix this issue. I've never received a response back from them which in my opinion is a poor level of customer service. Even so much as a "thanks" or "we'll look into it" or anything for that matter would be appreciated, yet I've gotten nothing.

So, save yourself from spending money until BBSmart (1) Makes their software work correctly on the Tour and (2) chooses to respond to customer inquires from people who paid money in good faith for their software. I understand that there may be incompatibilities that need to be worked out with a new device which I fully accept, but not even responding to e-mails? That's unacceptable and a good way to ensure that people like myself never spend money on any of their other products.
    07-20-09 11:16 PM
    It does say "This product is not compatible with 9630 (Tour)" but I suppose they could have at least responded to your emails.
    07-20-09 11:57 PM
    Your wasting your time with having BBSmart alarms pro on your tour (especially since it currently doesn't work). Go to the calendar. hit the BB button. go to new alarm and you can make new alarms that occur every other day. half the week. what ever you want! the countdown mode in the alarm clock program is also the same as the quick alarm. To edit the sounds for the new alarms you made on the calendar you have to go to the alarm clock program options to change what sounds you want.
    07-22-09 09:21 AM
    Your wasting your time with having BBSmart alarms pro on your tour (especially since it currently doesn't work). Go to the calendar. hit the BB button. go to new alarm and you can make new alarms that occur every other day. half the week. what ever you want! the countdown mode in the alarm clock program is also the same as the quick alarm. To edit the sounds for the new alarms you made on the calendar you have to go to the alarm clock program options to change what sounds you want.
    Thanks for the tip man! I just setup my my alarms. Question, when the today calendars are finally available, will the alarm names show up under the calendar view?
    07-22-09 10:23 AM
    Thanks for this great hint! After numerous e-mails to the company, I've completely given up on BBSmart. There's no way in the world I'd ever given them another dime since apparently it's too much to ask for them to respond to customer e-mails. The saddest part is I actually sent them several sound files (both functional and non-functional) and a detailed description of what worked and what didn't - valuable feedback in my opinion to helping them ensure compatibility of their software with a quickly growing number of Tour users who I'm sure they'd like to sell their software to (or maybe not?). My e-mails weren't a complaint, but rather trying to be helpful to them - yet they still didn't even care to give the courtesy of a simple reply which is very telling of the type of operation they run.

So I agree with the poster quoted above, you're definitely wasting your time if you're trying to get BBSmart Alarms Pro to work on the Tour - go with the Blackberry calendar alarms he mentioned which work absolutely great (and free!)

Thanks again for the suggestion! It is very much appreciated!
    07-24-09 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD