So how would I go about downloading this? Is it from the app world or what? Also, does it just back up all my apps and everything in case something happens? This probably isnt hte right place to post this, but I'm just confused which version and such i'd need for tour.
    02-07-10 07:47 AM
    It backs up files,add files, wipes your drive. Great multi use tool.

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    02-07-10 07:51 AM
    Well I had the same question so any info would be appreciated. Also it is necessary to wipe your device prior to installing a new OS. I have the storm1 and put .419 from MTS Mobility on it. Honestly I'm not that impressed with it. Would it have been better to wipe it since I had a VZW OS on it prior to this?
    02-07-10 07:52 AM
    Not letting me download it.
    02-07-10 08:05 AM
    02-07-10 08:10 AM
    Wont let me register on forums.. odd.. I'll keep waiting for rapidshare.
    02-07-10 08:14 AM
    One thing you should be aware of that no one has mentioned; you *must* be online to launch BBSAK or it will give an expiry error msg and abort. Not just on a PC with Internet connection; but *connected* to the Internet.
    02-07-10 08:15 AM
    One thing you should be aware of that no one has mentioned; you *must* be online to launch BBSAK or it will give an expiry error msg and abort. Not just on a PC with Internet connection; but *connected* to the Internet.
    Hmm I found that out yesterday.

BBSAKv1.7_Installer.msi
    02-07-10 08:25 AM
    Lately it does that to every free file I want to download. I think they do that on purpose. Guess Ill use a different free hosting site.
    02-07-10 08:28 AM
    I believe bbhybrids.net has a download section there to download it, but currently their website has been down. BBSAK (Blackberry Swiss Army Knife) is literally a multi use program. You can use it to save your 3rd Party Apps and restore them. You can use it to replace or add cod files for those hybrid users. Also it is a simple way to wipe your phone usually used in reinstalling new or old OS. I personally like to wipe my device because I like to try out hybrids and new builds and made a habit of wiping my device clean for a fresh install. If you need instructions, I believe you can youtube DIY videos of BBSAK. They are very informative and easy to understand. Hope this helps!
    02-07-10 09:29 AM
    I have only used bbsak to backup all apps but only specific restores. So far, when using the hybrids and Loader app, it has restored my Tour, including 3rd party apps, without any special efforts.
    02-07-10 11:35 AM
    Hmm .. I've never registered. Try the other mirror links.
    02-07-10 01:39 PM
    Or change the date on your computer temporarily.
    02-07-10 01:40 PM
    So, if doing an upgrade to a new OS, is it better to backup all files via BBSAK and then load back onto the device using BBSAK or using DM?

It appears BBSAK saves all the files on your BB vs. DM which only saves the files that are supplied with the purchase of the phone.
    You should do a regular backup via Desktop Manager, and then backup all third-party applications with BBSAK.

DM will save the backup file in a location of your choice. BBSAK will save it in Program Files>BBSAK>Backup.

Once you have installed your new OS (which you should do with AppLoader, not DM), then you should first reinstall all your third-party apps with AppLoader. You can do this when AppLoader is open and connected to your device. When the window asks you to browse for anything to upgrade with, navigate to the backup folder within BBSAK's program files folder. Click the .alx file and then all your apps should appear in AppLoader. From there just click next and all your apps will be added back to your device.

Once that's complete just go back into DM and restore your device with the backup file you made.

Read this if you need any help upgrading your OS:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Here is an alternate method for backing up and restoring third-party apps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 02-07-10 at 01:57 PM.
    02-07-10 01:55 PM
    I always use bbsak to reload and save my third party apps.
    02-07-10 05:31 PM
    just to add you can load apploader from the bbsak program so you're sure to get the right program when you are upgrading to a leaked OS or hybrid.
    02-07-10 09:31 PM
    You should do a regular backup via Desktop Manager, and then backup all third-party applications with BBSAK.

DM will save the backup file in a location of your choice. BBSAK will save it in Program Files>BBSAK>Backup.

Once you have installed your new OS (which you should do with AppLoader, not DM), then you should first reinstall all your third-party apps with AppLoader. You can do this when AppLoader is open and connected to your device. When the window asks you to browse for anything to upgrade with, navigate to the backup folder within BBSAK's program files folder. Click the .alx file and then all your apps should appear in AppLoader. From there just click next and all your apps will be added back to your device.

Once that's complete just go back into DM and restore your device with the backup file you made.

Read this if you need any help upgrading your OS:
    How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Here is an alternate method for backing up and restoring third-party apps:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/
    I'm new to BB so what seems easy to some is a bit confusing to me.
    Do you have a USB cord connected to the computer for AppLoader, or is that something that is on my BB?

Do I get AppLoader through AppWorld on the BB or go to a web site. Do I install to BB or to my Windows side of my Mac OS.

On a Mac I would do a clean install from a disk. Is that what you mean to put an OS disk in my computer and load to the BB from there?

And are you saying that BBSARK keeps the backup on my computer?

If one does a clean install does that mean that the BB is wiped clean or the OS is just installed over the old one with the old applications on the BB HD somewhere and are recovered by BBSAK?

I tried to install BBSAK from web sites and for some reason I can't get the links to work from my BB. Does using a different browser than IE make a difference in that regards. Opera didn't seem to work either.

thanks ~
    02-15-10 12:14 PM
    I'm new to BB so what seems easy to some is a bit confusing to me.
    Do you have a USB cord connected to the computer for AppLoader, or is that something that is on my BB?

Do I get AppLoader through AppWorld on the BB or go to a web site. Do I install to BB or to my Windows side of my Mac OS.
    Yes, your phone to computer with the usb cord. Apploader is part of Desktop Manager and comes when you load/install the exe file of the OS onto your computer. I am a PC but I think there's a way to do it with mac.. I'd just use the PC side to be sure.
    On a Mac I would do a clean install from a disk. Is that what you mean to put an OS disk in my computer and load to the BB from there?
    You install the OS onto your computer, run exe to install to harddrive. THEN connect BB to computer via USB

And
    are you saying that BBSARK keeps the backup on my computer?

If one does a clean install does that mean that the BB is wiped clean or the OS is just installed over the old one with the old applications on the BB HD somewhere and are recovered by BBSAK?

I tried to install BBSAK from web sites and for some reason I can't get the links to work from my BB. Does using a different browser than IE make a difference in that regards. Opera didn't seem to work either.

thanks ~
    BBSAK backs up your files onto your computer. When you "wipe" via BBSAK you erase your BB for a "clean" install. You then use apploader to install OS (that has been loaded to your computer) and BBSAK to put your backed up apps back to your BB.
    Use Desktop Manager to save/backup your contacts, memos, messages and settings first, then BBSAK to backup apps, then wipe. Load new OS.... after you've successfully loaded new OS and pulled battery, etc. Then you reverse order, load app backup made in bbsak, then run desktop manager to reload settings, contacts, memos etc. This way you're settings are applied to your preloaded backup.
    02-15-10 06:20 PM
    -->>Bren B

Thanks so much for the clear and concise explanation ... much appreciate it !
    02-16-10 12:28 AM
    Welcome and good luck!
    02-16-10 09:23 PM
    My head is spinning! And Vzw hasn't even dropped my Tour's new OS yet!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 09:40 PM
    I have never used BBSAK, i have always used CrackMem, which is similar

i double-clicked the OS and installed it on my computer, but when I run BBSAK it cannot find my BB. it says "no device found"

any hints on what to do?
    03-30-10 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD