Every once in a while, people will stop seeing the messages I send to our bbm group chat. I can still see everything that they're saying though. They won't see any of my posts in the picture section as well. Anyone else having this problem?

The only way I could find to solve the problem was to uninstall bbm and reinstall it. Pretty annoying.

Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 06:07 PM
    None here. Only used BBM groups for a couple days. Had to delete the groups I had joined! Every single chat or post or picture or list etc. had my berry buzzing and beeping and flashing! Insanity and there was no way to stop group notification. Until you can turn off and on the notifications for certain group actions I want nothing to do with them!

01-14-10 07:27 PM
    Just started experiencing this. I see THEIR CHATS in real time but all of the stuff I have sent since the last battery pull shows on my screen, but not theirs. Upon a pull, all of my previous stuff posts on the group with the proper time stamps!!

I just Left the Group and am getting re-invited. Will see if this fixes.
    02-01-10 06:28 PM
    Thought it was just me, kept looking for the "close group chat" option since my battery was dropping like a stone. Would love to use the groups, but it got a little insane at times with the constant pinging and of course battery usage. Come on RIM, give us some options
    02-06-10 08:10 PM
    leaving the group and having someone re-invite you is an easier fix. it doesnt happen often at all that ive seen, but one person in my group had it happen. no need to reinstall BBM.
    02-07-10 03:12 AM
    None here. Only used BBM groups for a couple days. Had to delete the groups I had joined! Every single chat or post or picture or list etc. had my berry buzzing and beeping and flashing! Insanity and there was no way to stop group notification. Until you can turn off and on the notifications for certain group actions I want nothing to do with them!

Can't you just edit the profile options and turn bb groups notifications to silent??
    04-11-10 03:00 AM
    Can't you just edit the profile options and turn bb groups notifications to silent??

Good tip and maybe leaving the group and having someone re-invite you is an easier fix.
    04-11-10 03:28 AM
    Hi everyone, I am having the same problem. I tried 5.0.0.900, and the problem still persist, and created another problem. My 'mute' button is not functional, so I can't unlock my phone in .900, which then forced me to downgrade to 4.6 (5.0.0.822 requires me to unlock my phone with 'mute' as well).

Nobody in my bbm group chat can read my messages, but I can read theirs.
    12-11-10 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD