Coming from the Curve with BBLight, I loved how the Vibrate AND Ring function worked along with the backlight turning on when I get an email, test or calendar/reminder alert.
    Now with the Tour, BBLight does not Vibrate AND Ring the way the Curve did because the Profile Settings on the Tour "DOES NOT" have a "REPEAT" function like the Curve. BBLight requires the settings to be set at "VIBRATE AND REPEAT", in which the Tour does not have that option. Sucks that you get upgrade to a more advanced phone yet get less options.

So.. I am currently using the BBLight and the free version of Buzzme, in which Buzzme allows the Vibrate AND Ring. I'm really don't care for the difference colored LED's for text, email, etc. That's what I have different sound notifications for. But I have the BBLight working as well so I can have the backlight turn on when I get the texts, emails and calendar alerts.

Really sucks that I have to now use two applications for the Tour versus one application for the Curve. But if anyone wanted to know how to get Vibrate AND Ring and have the backlights turn on, BBLight (free) + Buzzme (free). Just remember to turn off anything related to the Vibrate feature on BBLight.
    08-27-09 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD