I just downloaded BB Traffic, and while it appears to be an adequate GPS-based program, it always plots traffic from some location that is NOT my current GPS location. How do I correct this to calculate a route based on my actual GPS location?

Sky
    01-31-11 02:27 PM
    What type of BB do you have? Do you have GPS location on in the Options?
    01-31-11 03:11 PM
    What type of BB do you have? Do you have GPS location on in the Options?
    I have the Tour. I don't see an option within the options (hmm, that sounds redundant) menu. In "my" options I have 2 selections, the first is entitled "Automatically Select Destination" and the other is "Metric Units", both are unchecked/selected.
    01-31-11 04:06 PM
    I have the Tour. I don't see an option within the options (hmm, that sounds redundant) menu. In "my" options I have 2 selections, the first is entitled "Automatically Select Destination" and the other is "Metric Units", both are unchecked/selected.
    Select the BB button, go to Options/Advanced Options/GPS & ensure GPS services is set to Location On.
    Sky Pilot likes this.
    01-31-11 04:09 PM
    Select the BB button, go to Options/Advanced Options/GPS & ensure GPS services is set to Location On.
    Ok, I did check and it was already set to "Location On". As a side note, it is tracking my progress as I drive, it just shows the same location as the starting point, and it doesn't matter where I'm going, it thinks I'm always starting from the same location.
    02-01-11 09:24 AM
    When you start it up, if you press menu is there an option to update location? I looked at BB Traffic once and it thought it ran off BB Maps. So it may be a function of BB Maps. idk.
    02-01-11 01:52 PM
    The GPS may need some time to warm up. Try running either BB Maps or Google Maps and see if that gets you a GPS lock. I think you are getting just the location of the cell tower you are pulling off of itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-11 02:39 PM
    I checked into BB Traffic and it does use BB Maps to work. BB Maps always uses your last location until you tell it to Find Location or Start GPS Navigation. Right now I'm at work, but BB Maps still shows my location as Home, the last place I used it. Now this never gets reset in BB Traffic, so it will always show that location until you start navigating. Hope this helps understanding your issue. I guess it is just one of the quirks of BB Traffic.
    02-02-11 09:07 AM
    I checked into BB Traffic and it does use BB Maps to work. BB Maps always uses your last location until you tell it to Find Location or Start GPS Navigation. Right now I'm at work, but BB Maps still shows my location as Home, the last place I used it. Now this never gets reset in BB Traffic, so it will always show that location until you start navigating. Hope this helps understanding your issue. I guess it is just one of the quirks of BB Traffic.
    Interesting, I'll try it tonight on my way home and see if it changes based on actual navigation.
    02-02-11 10:54 AM
    I don't think the starting location will. It is just something you have to live with as a quirk of BB Maps. GPS does not automatically start up on BB Maps. If you go into BB Maps now and tell it to find you, that will be your start location for BB Traffic also. It only remembers the last GPS location from BB Maps.
    02-02-11 11:07 AM
    delete both and just run google maps. has a traffic option that is pretty accurate as well as real time tracking for directions. found it to be better than both apps combined, imo
    02-08-11 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD