CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question BB Tour Unlocked No Browser!

Please help me! I have searched many forums searching for an answer but nobody could help me.

I have the tour 9630 (originally Verizon) unlocked with At&t, everything was working great after i put on the At&t service books, but i shut of the fone cause the battery was about to die and when i turned it On the MMS, and Browser icons were gone, theres a broswer icon in the running programs window but when i click it, it says no browser service book ar available.

I tried everything posiible! everything i try i do a battery pull after and ofcourse i tried the usual stuff countless times. (My software is up to date 5.something). Such as host tables register now. Send service books. I even called ATT and told them to resend service books and removed battery. What do I do??

I used to use this same device unlocked on another carrier overseas. But with ATT the browser refuses to work. In the Advanced options>browser .. it's blank. And the APN settings were set to emgsm.vzw3g.com. Should I change it to?
    APN: wap.cingular
    Username for APN: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password for APN: CINGULAR1

I also noticed that the "blackberry internet browsing service" service book is missing if that helps in any way.

I really appreciate your help.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    360 Global Posts

Sounds like you lost the service books. This happens if your running os 5.0 whenever you turn off the device or reset it(batt pull, etc). Do you have Blackberry Internet Service with AT&T or are you using a basic data(standard packet data) with them?

If its the later thats most likely why. You will need to reload your presumably custom service books manually through blackberry desktop software after you first go into options > advanced options > service books then hit alt + type SBEB(enables loading custom service books).

A carrier can only push service books to your device if your on BIS otherwise it will be empty.
    CrackBerry Newbie

unable to see my blackberry tour 9630 browser icon the phone is a sprint phone and i am using it on the Digicel network
    CrackBerry Newbie

got similar problem too but am in kenya.unlocked verizon BB but cant install service book .no hosting route,plz help