Hi chaps... Just recently got a tour for cheap in the uk... With 3uk and mostly runs well apart from bis related stuff cause I don't wanna pay extra on my contract!!

Just a couple of quick Q's...

Is there a way to change appworld to a uk version?

My blackberry maps will give me directions but there's no map displaying... Is there a way to fix this?

Opera mini doesn't download anything so if I get a link to download an app, like waze, to install from the memory card it won't download... Is there any way around this or another browser I can use that will download stuff?

There's probably more but I won't hammer them all into one post!

Remember I'm a bb noob so be gentle with me!

P.s. Why does skype say its compatible but when I follow the link it says it doesn't?

Anywho... Cheery bye!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 12:07 PM
    Hello,
    On the map question. At least here in the U.S. once you see the directions just hit the bb menu and select view on map.
    10-27-11 12:33 PM
    Hi chaps... Just recently got a tour for cheap in the uk... With 3uk and mostly runs well apart from bis related stuff cause I don't wanna pay extra on my contract!!

Just a couple of quick Q's...

Is there a way to change appworld to a uk version?
    This is the main problem. Without BIS, you aren't going to have access to most BlackBerry Data features.

My blackberry maps will give me directions but there's no map displaying... Is there a way to fix this?
    Yes. Get a BlackBerry Data Plan.

Opera mini doesn't download anything so if I get a link to download an app, like waze, to install from the memory card it won't download... Is there any way around this or another browser I can use that will download stuff?
    No. You need to the BlackBerry Browser to install apps over the air.

There's probably more but I won't hammer them all into one post!

Remember I'm a bb noob so be gentle with me!

P.s. Why does skype say its compatible but when I follow the link it says it doesn't?

Anywho... Cheery bye!
    The Skype app only works on the Verizon network in the US and on the 3 network in the UK. And it doesn't work over WiFi.
    10-27-11 05:12 PM
    As I said I'm using 3uk and on the skype site it states the tour is one of 5 or 6 blackberrys compatible which was why I asked about skype being compatible...

As to the bis service... I pay �15 per month and get 2.5 gb of data use... And I've also heard that 3uk will add the bundle on at �6 a month and that their bis bundle doesn't work with the tour... That is the main reason for not getting bis...

But you answered my question... So I guess I'll need to look elsewhere for workarounds...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-11 11:25 AM
    You need BIS for it to work.
    10-28-11 05:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD