Hi,
    I have a verizon Blackberry Tour 9630 and i just unlocked it yesterday to use it overseas but when i switched it on .. i can only recieve calls but cant make any calls. i do not know whats the problem exactly..
    plz help ..
    12-15-09 07:09 PM
    With the power ON, remove the battery and wait about 40 seconds and then replace it. See if that fixes it.

What type of signal is showing in the upper right of the screen.
    12-15-09 09:00 PM
    i tried that already it didnt work .. from my search before they told me i cant use a GSM sim card on a phone that supports CDMA ....
    the signal says 3G
    12-16-09 03:38 AM
    It has long been suspected that the problem is that whatever cell tower you were connected to when you unlocked it, that cell tower will no longer recognize your berry. You will get a message that says "No path" or "No route" or something like that...

It's a problem with the way sprint/verizon implement their network.

Try going away from that cell tower and to the next closest one and see if you can make calls with the sim-card.

Dm
    12-16-09 07:37 AM
    Maybe I'm reading into your message but what sim card are you using? GSM is generally not available in the US. Is it the original that came with the phone or a 3rd party sim card? The original is the phone is intended for foreign use and unlock is not necessary (although consider the Global plan if using it in europe). And same for 3rd party unless you go with AT&T or tmobile (and I don't know how to activate them but there are threads). so if you are testing a 3rd party sim it may not work in the US????

Otherwise, if your problem is not resolved, you may to bring it back. Oh, one last question - did you call Verizon for the unlock or some 3rd party unlocker?
    12-16-09 08:52 AM
    i did call them and i was very angry because they told me i was charged for every incoming and outgoing calls that i made overseas from my blackberry even with using anther sim card from anther country with anther carrier.
    i honestly do not know what to do ..
    i thought that the tour is an international edition .. ??
    12-16-09 06:11 PM
    The Tour is international and can be used outside of the US (and canada) with a SIM CARD. Verizon ships/sells the Tour with ITS sim card (or vodaphone, an associate). It will work for calls and data in Europe (and elsewhere) and you will pay their rates unless you opted for their GLOBAL plan which reduces the rates somewhat.

Or you can use a foreign sim card in the Tour if you get it unlocked first. I have no idea what would happen with an LOCKED Tour and a foreign sim card (my guess - not work - but that is only a guess). So I don't know how you made calls?? What foreign country were you in? Because I guess there are foreign countries that also do have cdma (the verizon type).

Good luck getting it fixed.
    12-16-09 08:32 PM
    The thing is it is unlocked but for some reason it would recieve calls and make some calls but not to all the numbers and when i called verizon they said u cant use our phone with any other service provider even if its unlocked. They said that they charged me for every incoming and outgoing call even if i had a different sim card in the phone which does not make sense to me. I am currently in saudi arabia and i do not know wat to do because i have no other phone
    12-17-09 01:16 AM
    My question would be how do they know the phone is making calls if it doesn't have a Verizon SIM in it? That doesn't make sense to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-09 01:42 AM
    honestly it did not make sense to me either ..
    12-17-09 05:29 AM
    They told me because i used their phone and i think they track they're phones even without the sim card in it .
    12-18-09 12:21 AM
    You might be better served if this thread were moved to the CARRIER subforum and retitled, too. It is not really a TOUR issue but more a billing by verizon issue. You might summarize the things you've mentioned and been told here in a new thread over there.
    12-18-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD