So, I will be upgrading my phone a little later this month through Sprint. I currently own a Samsung Upstage which I loathe with a passion. I don't want that to happen with my next phone. So, I was wondering if the users of the Tour could tell me the pros and cons about it. I am currently debating between BB Tour and Samsung Moment. Samsung Moment has a crappy battery life(a problem I have with my current phone too). Any advice or comments will help me a lot so that I can get a phone that I love instead of hating it for the next two years.

Yes, This will be my 1st smartphone!
    12-06-09 12:52 PM
    Personally I'd look into a one year contract if thats possible for you. I myself can't keep any phone for more than a year, but then again thats my own personal preference.

I think the tour is a great phone! The new tour should be coming out later in the summer if you want to hold out for the new trackpad and wifi. Another suggestion is to look at their line of Android phones if you do a lot of web browsing.
    12-06-09 01:26 PM
    Keep in Mind Tour 2 will be out VERY soon... The Tour however is a very good Blackberry, one of the best I have had. Since Tour 2 will be coming to stores soon, u might want to hold off a little bit until its released. There on ebay right now though if you want to pay 1.600 bucks for them though lol
    12-06-09 01:30 PM
    I overheard a rep the other day saying the Tour 2's wouldn't be shipping out until Q2 of 2010. I went ahead and went with the Tour, and I havent been happier. I migrated from a Touch Pro (and an Touch Pro 2). I can say the batt life on my Tour is much better. Oddly it also takes alot more time to charge. Either way it was a great investment for the $99 I got it for with no rebates, direct from Sprint. I do realize I got a deal, not many people have been able to recreate it, even through retentions.
    12-06-09 02:19 PM
    If you are completely free to leave Sprint then get it with Verizon. If not it is good on the Sprint network too. I just don't like Sprint for anything. And there are blackberry classes you can take as well. I love the Tour It is an awesome phone I also don't mind the trackball. I don't know if I will like the trackpad.
    12-08-09 02:51 PM
    The tour is great on big red I have it with them also but if you go into verizon forum section here at crackberry you'll see that sprint rents big red towers and has the same service which I was shocked about as I too love big red. Anyways the rep for verizon says if you want to save money go with sprint as their plans are cheaper 99.00 everything.
    If you are completely free to leave Sprint then get it with Verizon. If not it is good on the Sprint network too. I just don't like Sprint for anything. And there are blackberry classes you can take as well. I love the Tour It is an awesome phone I also don't mind the trackball. I don't know if I will like the trackpad.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Da Pope; 12-08-09 at 10:32 PM.
    12-08-09 10:29 PM
    The tour is great on big red I have it with them also but if you go into verizon forum section here at crackberry you'll see that sprint rents big red towers and has the same service which I was shocked about as I too love big red. Anyways the rep for verizon says if you want to save money go with sprint as their plans are cheaper 99.00 everything.

Sprint's Unlimited everything includes no roaming charges and must cdma providers rent Verizon's towers for roaming...
    12-08-09 10:36 PM
    I had the same issue. I was coming from a Samsung Instinct (basically the same lameness as the upstage).

You will LOVE the Tour. Buy it!

/thread lol (that means "end thread" fyi)
    12-08-09 10:51 PM
    ive got a tour and love it, but personally i would wait for the 9650.
    12-08-09 10:52 PM
    Yes and you wont regret it.
    12-08-09 10:55 PM
    I will say the same response as I did for the last 20 threads asking the same thing: yes, get the tour. The tour forum is getting seriously boring and repetitive

12-08-09 10:55 PM
    i love my tour, i haven't had it very long but i haven't had any problems yet, very very happy that i upgraded from the pearl!!
    12-08-09 10:56 PM
    Yep same here too... get the Tour and forget the Samsung junk.. I upgraded from an Instinct and I did like that phone at the time, but after owning the Tour for three months, I don't know why I didn't switch sooner!! Stick with Sprint... I've been with them for over 10yrs and never had any problems with them and they have much better plan $$$ too. I get an upgrade every year now being a preferred customer, so I get to update to the latest and greatest quite often.
    12-08-09 11:01 PM
    I will say the same response as I did for the last 20 threads asking the same thing: yes, get the tour. The tour forum is getting seriously boring and repetitive

Geez... cut the guy some slack, it's his first post and is looking for help. That is what this forum is for isn't it????
    12-08-09 11:03 PM
    I absolutely love my Tour.
    12-08-09 11:04 PM
    U r correct, I apologize for being dry and blunt, its just that there is a thread every other day asking the same thing, yes people the tour is worth it, its an amazing device

12-08-09 11:04 PM
    U r correct, I apologize for being dry and blunt, its just that there is a thread every other day asking the same thing, yes people the tour is worth it, its an amazing device

Hey on the positive side... it wasn't another "where's the OS5 at" thread....lol.
    12-08-09 11:09 PM
    Buy the tour I bought back in September and I love it!!!
    12-09-09 09:52 AM
    I love my Tour. I was a Palm user for over 10 years, so this is my first BB. I am amazed with it, I wish I'd gone with BB much sooner. I am on Verizon (been with them for over 10 years), and I agree...if you can switch carriers, go for it. I have never had any problems with either the Tour or Verizon. :-)
    12-09-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD