I've heard the battery for the storm is the same as the tour's so would it be ok if i bought this instead of seido's expensive extended battery

FOR BLACKBERRY STORM 9500 9530 EXTENDED BATTERY & DOOR - eBay (item 350239013431 end time Sep-10-09 14:43:12 PDT)
    09-02-09 06:26 AM
    Don't buy cheap batteries off ebay. Just don't. And the battery is the same but not the battery door.
    09-02-09 06:36 AM
    where should I buy the battery then? recommendation?
    09-02-09 06:43 AM
    Seidio is definitely your best bet. While the upfront cost is more, it is well worth it in the long run. I have used their extended line for a while, and never had any troubles.
    09-02-09 06:47 AM
    Seidio.... Just like Dream said.

They are an American company based out of Texas. I have talked to their Sales personnel on the phone several times and their quality makes up for the slightly higher prices.

Cheap batteries can and have damaged equipment in the past. I've actually seen the result of a battery that discharged rapidly and burst in the equipment. Not saying that what you were looking at on e-bay was bad quality, but why take chances on a several hundred dollar phone. Make sense?

Be patient about the battery for a few more days. Seidio is releasing and shipping the extended battery starting sometime in the next few days. Go to Seidioonline.com if you want to see what all they have to offer.
    09-02-09 06:54 AM
    ugh.. i kinda cancelled my seido i think.. and i got the storm one.. talk about bad timing.. I mean nothing bad will happen if i put the storm battery in right?
    09-02-09 07:11 AM
    I have both phones. The model # is the same.

FOR BLACKBERRY STORM 9500 9530 EXTENDED BATTERY & DOOR - eBay (item 350239013431 end time Sep-10-09 14:43:12 PDT)[/QUOTE]

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 08:04 AM
    The storm and tour batteries are the same, the tech that set up my phone mentioned it because my tour was the first one he set up. So you could buy an extended storm battery and use it in the tour, even if a tour specific extended battery is yet to be released.
    09-02-09 09:21 AM
    Battery model is the same you mean?

Read the listing, it says cryptographic chip... To me, that's basically saying the battery is tricking the phone into thinking that's a oem battery in order for it to function. I'll put cheap batteries in remote controls and stupid toys. But never into my phones. If the battery were to cause any problems down the road, you're done.
    09-02-09 09:38 AM
    I got the storm battery and it is too big. I plan on returning and getting the actual extended battery
    09-04-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD