salomondrin

Thanks for sharing all your videos. Its a BIG help to see it all.

that video camera on the TOUR looks GREAT , wow.
    06-26-09 01:20 AM
    Sal, on the Blackberry Curve 8900..you can continue to write out an SMS and it'll say 2/6 etc. Is this feature on this phone? I don't know the name of the feature but it was one of the features that I truly loved about my 8900.
    06-26-09 08:51 AM
    I'm not sure if the actual released phone will do it, but its not possible on either one of my Tours text limit is 160 characters per message

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 08:55 AM
    Sal, on the Blackberry Curve 8900..you can continue to write out an SMS and it'll say 2/6 etc. Is this feature on this phone? I don't know the name of the feature but it was one of the features that I truly loved about my 8900.

You could do that with the 8900? T-Mobile must allow their phones to have this feature. Not bad.
    06-26-09 08:58 AM
    Quick question in one of your videos you stated that you can not delete your messages in your email from your phone, would you say this is the only real drawback besides the dreaded wi-fi debate? How much smaller is the keyboard from the bold to the tour? Thanks!

Im really on the fence about the bold and the tour. On the bold can you delete inbox messages from your phone?
    06-26-09 08:59 AM
    the 160 char text limit is a CDMA blackberry issue. other cdma phones can span texts, and blackberry's on GSM are also able to.
    06-26-09 09:00 AM
    I'll test that with my Bold. I don't think I've ever tried to go beyond the 160 limit. I text more with my Sprint Curve though.
    06-26-09 09:02 AM
    Yeah they have it on the 8900. I noticed at the top of the screen that it said 1/6 so I thought it was the number of recipients that I was texting. So I kept texting and was like omg this is sweet. But I know they have an app for it, so I'll have to pay for it because I text waayyy too much.
    06-26-09 09:11 AM
    Quick question in one of your videos you stated that you can not delete your messages in your email from your phone, would you say this is the only real drawback besides the dreaded wi-fi debate? How much smaller is the keyboard from the bold to the tour? Thanks!

Im really on the fence about the bold and the tour. On the bold can you delete inbox messages from your phone?
    You can actually delete messages on your mailbox on both phones. I was having that problem with my TOUR because the OS was just too old.

The keyboard is definitely smaller, but not to the point where its impossible to hit every letter without a problem. I feel like its really easy to text on the Tour.

The lack of wifi = doesn't really bother me at all. I never use it.

Hope this helps.
    06-26-09 09:17 AM
    Yeah they have it on the 8900. I noticed at the top of the screen that it said 1/6 so I thought it was the number of recipients that I was texting. So I kept texting and was like omg this is sweet. But I know they have an app for it, so I'll have to pay for it because I text waayyy too much.

You're getting the Tour so just have a little patience. OS 5.0 will definitely solve your texting woes. It has taken a while, but Rim finally delivers with threaded texting. Don't purchase any apps for that issue.
    06-26-09 09:18 AM

You're getting the Tour so just have a little patience. OS 5.0 will definitely solve your texting woes. It has taken a while, but Rim finally delivers with threaded texting. Don't purchase any apps for that issue.
    Sweet man thanks. I'm still waiting on my mail in rebate from sprint and my mom is buying my Pre for $200. So I'll just add a line making my plan the family plan and get the phone for the same price as the Pre. I hope they release it soon enough. It's getting to a point where I'm checking the forums constantly haha.
    06-26-09 09:43 AM
    One other question. What does the incoming call screen look like? Is it a full screen picture or the small picture like on the storm?
    06-26-09 10:13 AM

If you're not on BES I don't think thats possible. Only being on BES has it given me the option to delete from phone.
    06-26-09 10:35 AM
    One other question. What does the incoming call screen look like? Is it a full screen picture or the small picture like on the storm?
    I can't remember how my Storm works, since I don't have it anymore LOL

BUT, its exactly like the BOLD.
    06-26-09 11:33 AM
    I can't remember how my Storm works, since I don't have it anymore LOL

BUT, its exactly like the BOLD.
    And that is LOL. I dont have a BOLD. You mind taking a screen shot. I just want to know if its a full screen picture. I guess what im asking is if you have custom pic for your contact is that picture full screen or really small?
    06-26-09 01:55 PM
    Its a small picture

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 01:57 PM
    Hey Sal,

Your bulldog rocks!!! She's a cutie!!

Enjoy reading all of your posts on Crackberry. Any way you can take me under you wing when I get my first BB which will be the tour? I've never even held a BB outside a Verizon store. I don't know how to sync, get my email delivered to the BB, buy an app, change a theme or any of that! I'm such a newbie in need of guidance. Help BB master!!! :-)

Thanks,

Alex (too few posts to send a PM)
    06-26-09 02:35 PM
    Hey Sal,

Your bulldog rocks!!! She's a cutie!!

Enjoy reading all of your posts on Crackberry. Any way you can take me under you wing when I get my first BB which will be the tour? I've never even held a BB outside a Verizon store. I don't know how to sync, get my email delivered to the BB, buy an app, change a theme or any of that! I'm such a newbie in need of guidance. Help BB master!!! :-)

Thanks,

Alex (too few posts to send a PM)
    Alex,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Everyone here at crackberry is very knowledgeable and will make your first blackberry experience the best.

You can always ask me questions and I can even post some tutorial videos if you need some too.

Let me know, and also everyone here, because that's what everyone here does best.

Take care.
    06-26-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks for the encouragement Sal. At this point, I don't know the difference between SMS and an SOS. :-) So, ther's going to be a pretty big learning curve. I need to get the phone first. THEN, I'll get the help.

Thanks again to everyone on this great forum!
    06-26-09 02:48 PM
    I is officially gelous
    06-26-09 02:55 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD