Hey guys, just got my Tour last friday and am loving it.. and it is my first Blackberry!

Question about OS 4.7 and 5.0... from what I heard, the Tour drains the battery fast because of 4.7 and it will be a LOT better on 5.0, is this true?

What does Automatically Dim Backlight do? I left it as off and it looks to me.. ;/

Thanks! Can't wait for 5.0!
    10-26-09 09:33 PM
    I was wandering if auto dim takes more battery since it has to think. The auto dim is where the screen adjusts the brightness like outside itd be real brite n inside in the dark u wouldn't neeed much lite so the brightness goes down...I thiught it wasted more battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 09:40 PM
    samuels1289: I don't know if the battery drainage is any better for 5.0 vs 4.7. It depends a lot on how many apps you have running and whether you have GPS and Bluetooth enabled. I do know that a lot of people have had the "552" error, including myself, with 4.7 and had to reaload the software. I've done this twice and finally got fed up and switched to 5.0

ticklemypickle: if anything auto dim is saving energy becuse it's putting less power to the screen output. That's the main reason for the feature.
    10-27-09 09:46 AM
    i think the quick battery drain is a well known issue on the Tour.

Personally i've noticed a slight improvement when i upgraded to the leaked 5.0 OS.. but unfortunately that's not saying much.

Hopefully the official ver will offer some relief!
    10-27-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD