I have to disagree reference the effectiveness of removing the battery from a BlackBerry Device. To clarify, I'm not talking about a quick out and in, I'm talking about removing the battery and leaving the battery out for at least 20 - 30 minutes before re-inserting it. This technique has solved some pretty strange issues I have run into over the years. When I get to the point in my device trouble shooting, and the BlackBerry still boots, where the next step is to wipe a device or re-install the device OS, I make it a habit to disconnect the device from the computer, removing its battery, and putting it aside, while I turn to deal with my next issue. More often than not, when I re-insert the battery and the device boots back up, the problem has resolved itself.
    That 20-30 mins you have the battery out of the phone is excessive. Not to mention, in my line of work, being unreachable for 20-30 mins is out of the question. If you remove the battery, then hold the power key for 30-60 seconds, it will drain the residual power, and you can reboot the phone faster.
    04-19-10 06:28 PM
    Make sure its "alt + right shift + del".

Works great for me!!
    04-19-10 07:15 PM
    Quickpull Free worked with the new .591 update released yesterday. It would not work on my Tour with the original .591 release from Verizon.
    04-20-10 09:54 AM
    alt+shift+del has always worked fine for me. I used to have an 8703e before I got the tour and only resort to battery pulls if the keyboard becomes unresponsive.
    04-20-10 10:54 AM
    Quick Launch comes with a "device reset" feature too.
    04-20-10 11:17 AM
    Quickpull Free worked with the new .591 update released yesterday. It would not work on my Tour with the original .591 release from Verizon.
    Hmm. I reinstalled QuickPull to test and it's still doing the same thing (I updated to the "new" .591 yesterday). Still doesn't work for me.
    04-20-10 11:21 AM
    Alt+right shift+del
    The above comment should have ended this 3 page long thread..
    04-20-10 12:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD