So i just did a battery pull on my blackberry tour 9630 and it took my 10 MINUTES!!!! How in the world do i speed this up, could it be too many apps?!
    05-24-10 10:07 PM
    Yea, delete your apps, erase all your contacts, clear your messages and calendar out. Basically, have your phone the way it was when you pulled it out of the box brand new. Your boot up time will be significantly faster.

Or just deal with it, and not look at your BB when it's starting up. Sometimes a different OS will boot up differently, but there's no way to know if an OS will make it faster or slower in your BB without installing first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ridesno159; 05-24-10 at 10:23 PM.
    05-24-10 10:21 PM
    I can understand if u have too many apps that you may delete some but to delete all contacts? I don't know if I could delete my contacts. Does contacts take a lot of space?

05-24-10 10:26 PM
    I'm not saying to delete all your contacts, that wouldn't be cool. I'm saying, just like on a computer, that the more stuff you have on your phone the longer it's going to take for it to boot up.

You could try a different OS, but that might not be the answer. If you can't deal with the boot time, then maybe a Blackberry isn't the phone you should be using.

Last edited by ridesno159; 05-24-10 at 11:38 PM.
    05-24-10 10:48 PM
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. gasp, i love my blackberry, how can you say that
    05-24-10 10:53 PM
    I don't have the issues this person is having but then again I don't have apps on my phone that I don't use.
    I personally would never get another phone. I'm a loyal bb girl

05-24-10 10:58 PM
    ya thats good. my biggest thing is i have the aim, gmail and msn messanger. is there a GOOD app that puts them all together as one? On my iPhone i used meebo, but they dont have an app for the blackberry
    05-24-10 11:04 PM
    Clean out your phone.
    05-24-10 11:14 PM
    i just did backup restore to a thing from about two weeks ago and its working like a charm, about 3 and a half miniuts to start up, with a few apps still running, maybe i just had a bug or something
    05-24-10 11:17 PM
    Good to hear. Don't go deleting everything like mentioned in the above posts. Clean the memory, clear the cache in browser and apps, clear the event log and hard reset your phone once a week and it will run smooth. Of course the more stuff like media and apps on the phone will also slow it down. Thats your choice.
    05-24-10 11:23 PM
    Just don't do a battery pull when you're going to need the phone. For example just do one when you go to bed. You'll be sleeping, so it could take hours and not bother you. And if you do one every 4-7 days or so, you shouldn't encounter a situation where you absolutely have to pull it during the day...

OS does make a difference though, which one are you using?

05-25-10 06:55 AM
    Do you have the 10 minute bootup time always. Mine is usually 5-6 minutes. But last Sunday it was booting up super slow. I timed it at 11 and half minutes! Not had it since. I always notice browser glitches on the weekends for some reason and usually Sunday am.

05-25-10 09:22 AM
    Which OS do you have? It may make a difference. .643 works great.
    05-25-10 11:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD