ok, ok stop arguing. This "superstar" is obviously a n00b that wanted to start a thread with absolutely no real knowledge and figured people would jump on his bandwagon. He is mistaken. Alot of people are having battery life issues with the vzw update, and others are not, thats the nature of the beast. Change the OS and if your battery life changes, problem solved. If it does not change, replace the battery or then its a user issue. Access your running apps and usage habits.
    I have a Tour, running .484 and havent charged my phone in 2 days. I have 20% left right now. I have 3 email addresses (1 on BES), a few apps that run continuously and use about 3 to 4 hours of talk time a day.
    04-23-10 07:46 AM
    battery life was great on the 4.7....it turned to ****, when i upgraded to 5.0 and only got worse with the patch update
    04-23-10 08:53 AM
    I get 2 days easy on .591, sometimes 3 days if not using GPS on any apps. Lots of voice calls, tons of e-mails, medium texting and web surfing along with some BBM use, no FB or social apps running at all. My battery life has increased slightly with every charge since installing 5.0 and reboot times are 3 minutes max. We have 5 other 9630s here all running .591 with latest patch and all get at least 24 hours on stock OEM battery no matter what apps or usage they get.
    04-23-10 09:16 AM
    I'm having no issues with battery life on .591. I message throughout the day using SMS BBM FB, Twitter, and e-mail, no issues, battery life is just fine.

I put my BB thru it's paces last night during the draft, and when the evening was all over, I still had 35% battery left. After a normal day, I go to bed with over 50% battery remaining.
    04-23-10 12:06 PM
    Yeah I have to charge 3-4 times a day. Looking at the new droid. Ughh I feel dirty even thinking about leaving blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 12:40 PM
    FYI...im not an *****....ive been a blackberry superstar for a while, this is my 4th BB. Im just sayin that since i did the patch update the other day, battery life sucks more, and yes ive adjusted all those other settings to increase battery life and it does not help.
    Ok Superstar, if you are such a superstar why are still showing a 8330 as your device. Why only 29 posts? Comeon Superstar think before you speak (or in this case type). If your battery life is that short you may be having a ID 10 T error.
    04-23-10 12:43 PM
    hahaha blackberry superstar. Why not try looking into going back to 4.7 or an older OS?
    04-23-10 01:36 PM
    I get almost 3 days out of one charge...
    04-23-10 02:59 PM
    So if the op is a blackberry superstar does that mean he is mike larzidis (however you spell it) RIM CEO?

04-23-10 11:03 PM
    Ten bucks to the first one who has the nards to change their crackberry name to BlackBerrySuperstar.

04-23-10 11:40 PM
    Wow battery life is all over the board. I think it's improved slightly over 4.7 for me. But of course I tweaked it a bit too (remove Enhanced Gmail plugin, set the network to CDMA only, and turn the brightness down).
    04-24-10 03:46 AM
    04-24-10 04:03 AM
    I would like to know exactly what you are guys are doing with your BB to complain about battery life so much. If you are on it 24/7 then you have no right to complain. Before or after os 5.0 my battery life is excellent. It lasts at least two days.
    04-24-10 06:33 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD