The battery life on my tour is unacceptable... Even with all if the recommended fixes. Anyone take their phone back to Verizon (or sprint) for a possible solution? Did it work?
    08-05-09 02:41 PM
    battery life is good to me. lasts full two days before charging. Make sure you are not running apps in the background, like YOUMAIL and VIIGO, and others that eat at battery life. Hold the menu button there should only be 5 things running messages, browser phone, bbm, home screen
    08-05-09 02:46 PM
    I dnt think verizon has anything to do with it! Which apps are you running? Or mayb it can be the phone! U can try to replace it
    08-05-09 02:49 PM
    Yeah I do agree the battery life isn't the greatest but I use my phone alot.. You can turn down the screen brightness, if you have apps that update alot that will lower the battery. That can be improved with new OS releases. I ended up buy the 1600mh battery so far I see a decent improvement. I say if you're not really texting, bbm alot and you're battery is low pretty quick it's possible you might have a bad battery which I've heard people have had.
    08-05-09 02:51 PM
    There are at least a dozen threads about the battery life of Tour, with lots of tips and tricks. I suggest you check them out!
    08-05-09 02:52 PM
    A quick search of this forum brings you a pageful of results on the battery life of the Tour and possible solutions. Please search before duplicating posts!

The battery life on my tour is unacceptable... Even with all if the recommended fixes. Anyone take their phone back to Verizon (or sprint) for a possible solution? Did it work?
    Looks like he's already read through those threads, as have I and all I've gotten out of all that reading is it seems to be hit or miss. From everything I've been reading though, it seems to be more on the VZW side not Sprint.....

I know my Tour's bat life is horrid. I'm a Storm user also, and am well aware of closing open apps, and battery life tricks from the early .65 OS days when the Storm battery life was horrid. I'm hoping it's just an OS issue that will resolve itself with an OS update. I replaced my battery at VZW, no help... My wife's Tour's life is even worse than mine, but she leaves it on her computer most of the day at work, and is not an issue for her....

I get roughly 6-7 hours, holstered, with minimal use. Business calls/emails only. I use my Storm for everything else..
    08-05-09 02:53 PM
    How can one phone eat up more battery than the other, running same apps and settings, not saying its impossible,just don't get It. Some have great batteries (like myself) while some can barely do half a day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 02:55 PM
    Looks like he's already read through those threads, as have I and all I've gotten out of all that reading is it seems to be hit or miss. From everything I've been reading though, it seems to be more on the VZW side not Sprint.....

I know my Tour's bat life is horrid. I'm a Storm user also, and am well aware of closing open apps, and battery life tricks from the early .65 OS days when the Storm battery life was horrid. I'm hoping it's just an OS issue that will resolve itself with an OS update. I replaced my battery at VZW, no help... My wife's Tour's life is even worse than mine, but she leaves it on her computer most of the day at work, and is not an issue for her....

I get roughly 6-7 hours, holstered, with minimal use. Business calls/emails only. I use my Storm for everything else..
    Thank you for being the only one to carefully read my question. This is not a thread about fixes, what programs I'm running. I simply wanted to know if anyone returned their phone to Verizion for a fix?
    08-05-09 03:03 PM
    And if you had searched the forums, you would have realized that Verizon can't fix it
    08-05-09 03:03 PM
    Thank you for being the only one to carefully read my question. This is not a thread about fixes, what programs I'm running. I simply wanted to know if anyone returned their phone to Verizion for a fix?
    Yeah well the apps you're running affect your battery life that's why people are asking... How bout this. Go to verizon or call and see for yourself? All this time asking you could have been at verizon already and got a definite answer
    08-05-09 03:10 PM
    Also your coverage area effects your battery, if your phone is constantly going between 1X and EV that will take a toll because your phone is constantly searching EV. Also a few people have had the incorrect SID entered into the Tour during OTA Programming. I've noticed a 5 digit SID works better over a 3 digit SID. SO If my SID is 116 I get good coverage, if I go back in and enter it as 00116 I get full bars like I usually would. Some food for thought.
    08-05-09 03:16 PM
    These batteries are the same as the batteries on the Storm, they've been manufacturing them for a while and I severely doubt the batteries are defective. If you look at the Tour specs it has a shorter talk time than the same battery on the Storm, so what makes you think the battery is bad?

Suck it up and get an extended battery...you can exchange batteries to no end and still not fix the issue if its something you are doing.
    08-05-09 03:27 PM
    my battery was barely lasting a day thru normal use, I uninstalled Viigo after reading on these forums that it helped with the battery life and lag and bam! even after playing a lot of sudoku and the regular email, bbm, txt use the last two days I haven't had to charge my Tour yet. so I would look and see which apps you have installed. you might even want to try removing all the apps and seeing if your battery life gets any better.
    08-13-09 10:16 AM
    With the extended battery I'm at about 50% after 6hrs of heavy usage.
    08-13-09 10:23 AM
    Does the extended battery change the size of the phone?
    08-13-09 11:41 AM
    My battery lasts for at least the day and I send 200-300 texts and talk for 1-2hrs make your screen tun off faster
    08-13-09 12:20 PM
    does BuzzMe need to be running in the background for it to work?
    08-13-09 12:52 PM
    I abuse my tour daily and at first the battery life was terrible. I had to recharge two sometimes three times a day. Now, it lasts all day, but still need to charge it at night. Remember the Tour has high screen res. so that eats up battery life. I believe the Tour and Bold only last one day on charge.
    08-13-09 01:47 PM
    BuzzMe killed my battery.
    08-13-09 01:47 PM
    I am having terrible battery life myself. Nothing about my usgae has really changed between this phone an my last. Only difference is GPS...is that enough to reduce battery life down to just 1 day? My last BB lasted 2-3 days!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 01:52 PM
    I just got my 2nd Tour yesterday due to battery life problems. I called Customer Service, explained my problems, and they tried to "recalibrate my expectations". They finally gave in when I explained how it drained 1/3 of the battery overnight with no apps open.

Typical day: 30 minutes talk time, light BES Email, light web browsing, my device would not make it through one day. I read all the threads, did all the tricks, saw a little improvement, but still not acceptable. Let's keep in mind the device is advertised "Usage up to 300 minutes of talk time or Standby up to 336 hours". That is 14 days of standby!

The final straw: I turned off all apps, went to bed with 45% battery life, woke up with 10%. That's 1/3 of the battery gone in 8 hours without touching it.

Second tour seems better, I'll know more in about a week.

I'd say exchange your device, especially if you are within the 30 day window.

Good luck.
    08-14-09 08:21 PM
    I did a warranty swap and it works better for some reason. Might just be the software.
    08-14-09 10:12 PM
    Maybe it's because I came from WinMo devices, but I love my battery life on my Tour. I can go at least 12 hours (with HEAVY usage) without sweating bullets over trying to find somewhere to charge my phone. People do say it should be able to hold a charge longer, but after having the Touch Pro, I'm very appreciative.

Granted if your phone is draining while absolutely nothing is going on, you should be able to get a new battery and if that doesn't work, a new device altogether. (That's the way it went with the TP; pointless really, since it clearly wasn't the battery. Lose-lose situation there.)

Hopefully, you get your issue with the battery life resolved.
    08-14-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD