i got my tour in Jan and the battery life has went down hill... the track ball is sticking... what are the chances VZW will fix it? upgrade the device? etc? anyone else had issues like this?

(battery life 6-8hours under normal use with no apps running in the background (txt, mms, bbm, email))
    06-08-10 06:19 PM
    Well, they are not going to just upgrade it right off the bat. In order to quality for a multi-fru, you need to meet a few more requirements than the batt life and trackball sucking. First of all, and I'm sure you know this, check your firmware version and see if there is an update available. That may very well solve the batt life issue. Other than that, your next best solution to fix BOTH the problems in one shot are to call Verizon and tell them that the trackball is unresponsive and that you have a hard time making the phone charge when you go to plug it in because it appears as though you have a bent pin in the USB port on your phone. Here's the deal. If you tell them the battery sucks, they will tell you to buy a new battery (which you may need anyhow). If you tell them what I told you to tell them, they will either send you another Blackberry (same model) as a replacement, or they will patch you through to their contracted subscription RIM techies who will send you the replacement device. But above all, don't call them talking about battery issues. It will not go where you want it to go.
    06-08-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD