I hope this isn't just a dumb question but...

I have the sprint version of the tour and up until today my battery life was excellent. I usually only have to charge it every other day. This morning at a full battery I had to stay on hold with some wonderful customer service people for 30mins or so. I used speakerphone and finally ended my call.

Anyway, the battery was probably at around 80% after that fun. I get to work and by lunch time my battery is pretty much dead without me doing anything. I charge it at lunch to almost full and a couple hours later it's dead again without any use.

I reset it and then charged it a bit more and shortly it's dead again. I resorted to reinstalling the OS via the desktop software and it seemed to have fixed the problem... I set back up the facebook app and poynt but made sure they weren't running in the background. Now we're back to it sucking battery life again.

The device is actually a bit warm at the bottom on the backside as if something is pulling juice (feels almost as warm as if I'm running the gps). The top right where the signal indicator is fluctuates a lot (not sure if it always does this as Ive never paid attention) but never fully losing signal just going up and down and randomly popping up the down arrow in the corner as if something is being downloaded. If I hold the BB button to see what's running, it doesn't show anything out of the ordinar, just the bb messenger, browser, homescreen, phone and messages icons.

I'm at my wits end with this as I can't fathom what the deal is. I haven't installed any new apps recently and a battery pull doesnt help...
    05-17-10 09:51 PM
    The losing signal and it fluctuating can cause battery drain a lot.
    05-17-10 11:25 PM
    The losing signal and it fluctuating can cause battery drain a lot.
    That's the thing, it's not actually losing signal. It's going from full to half and back again constantly while looking like it's downloading something. Losing signal and draining the battery would make sense but unfortunately that's not the case for me here.
    05-18-10 08:24 AM
    I hope this isn't just a dumb question but...

I have the sprint version of the tour and up until today my battery life was excellent. I usually only have to charge it every other day. This morning at a full battery I had to stay on hold with some wonderful customer service people for 30mins or so. I used speakerphone and finally ended my call.

Anyway, the battery was probably at around 80% after that fun. I get to work and by lunch time my battery is pretty much dead without me doing anything. I charge it at lunch to almost full and a couple hours later it's dead again without any use.

I reset it and then charged it a bit more and shortly it's dead again. I resorted to reinstalling the OS via the desktop software and it seemed to have fixed the problem... I set back up the facebook app and poynt but made sure they weren't running in the background. Now we're back to it sucking battery life again.

The device is actually a bit warm at the bottom on the backside as if something is pulling juice (feels almost as warm as if I'm running the gps). The top right where the signal indicator is fluctuates a lot (not sure if it always does this as Ive never paid attention) but never fully losing signal just going up and down and randomly popping up the down arrow in the corner as if something is being downloaded. If I hold the BB button to see what's running, it doesn't show anything out of the ordinar, just the bb messenger, browser, homescreen, phone and messages icons.

I'm at my wits end with this as I can't fathom what the deal is. I haven't installed any new apps recently and a battery pull doesnt help...
    Just logged in to research this exact problem. Both my boss and his wife are running the Tour on VZW are experiencing the exact issue as of the last few days.
    05-18-10 08:50 AM
    I had this problem a few weeks ago. It lasted for a few days and went away. Battery pull didn't help, and I always shut down my apps so that wasn't it. I never figured out what caused it.
    05-18-10 09:40 AM
    Make sure you have Network Technology set to 1XEV. Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options> Network technology to 1XEV instead of Global that should help a little.
    05-18-10 09:44 AM
    Make sure you have Network Technology set to 1XEV. Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options> Network technology to 1XEV instead of Global that should help a little.
    Great info MTH3333. Both phones here were set to Global due to a trip to Canada last week. Hopefully this solves the issue.

Thanks.
    05-18-10 10:03 AM
    What app's do you have on the phone?
    05-18-10 10:15 AM
    My tours battery life is so random, one day it will have full battery life for most of the day. Sometimes ill pull it off the charger and 2 hours later it'll be at 60 percent. Still love the phone no matter what

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 02:08 PM
    i'm having the same problem with mine. all of a sudden the battery life has been horrible. i'm running .662. the only app that i have running all the time is google voice. i check twitter and facebook a few times throughout the day and send some texts, but nothing crazy. my phone has been off the charger for 7 hours and i'm already down to 60% battery life.
    05-18-10 02:21 PM
    I'm having the same problem/issues as the original post. Battery life over the last couple of days has been horrible and my singnal jumps from 1 bar to 5 to 2 etc. Terrible to non existant signal at home where I had been able to get at least 2 bars. ???
    05-18-10 03:08 PM
    My tour has also started having battery issues over the last week or so, but the signal on mine doesn't seem to be changing.
    05-18-10 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD