Cool, good for you. My last replacement was new, but the store wouldn't give me the new box. Just the phone and battery. Weird huh?
    09-18-09 08:24 AM
    Cool, good for you. My last replacement was new, but the store wouldn't give me the new box. Just the phone and battery. Weird huh?
    How is your phone working? Hows the battery door and the trackball? I hope all the issues have been fixed!
    09-18-09 08:27 AM
    Unfourtunately this seems to be what everyone is being told. Do they expect us to believe that RIM purposely developed a phone with a loose battery door? I tried to exchange my battery door today and I got the same crap about all of the phones being like that. I'm frustrated with the Tour because I'm on my 4th. The only problem I have on my 4th one is the loose door. I'm too afraid to exchange the whole phone because I might get one that is worse.
    This is what is really awful about the Tour defectSSSSSSSSS. The defects are of sufficient number that folks don't feel comfortable exchanging a defective phone for fear of getting one with worse defects. RIM really should be ashamed of their Quality Control on this phone.

And back to the original question - battery doors are NOT all loose. Mine is not loose. But my trackball does feel "submerged" or too low in the housing. As someone else mentioned, when I press it to select something, I may get either the Menu Key (BB key) or the BACK key.

Question about the TAPE FIX. I have read one or two accounts of the tape tightening the door so it does not move but that it increases the gap between the body and the door - not good for moisture protection.
    09-18-09 09:36 AM
    I love how people think that if they have a "green dot" tour they are getting a phone that God himself built....
    Untill the run into the same issues we all have. Deal with the issues or call for a refurb we already know the process.
    09-18-09 09:38 AM
    This is what is really awful about the Tour defectSSSSSSSSS. The defects are of sufficient number that folks don't feel comfortable exchanging a defective phone for fear of getting one with worse defects. RIM really should be ashamed of their Quality Control on this phone.
    I Love my tour, but could not agree more. Quality control by RIM SUCKS !!!
    09-18-09 10:51 AM
    I love how people think that if they have a "green dot" tour they are getting a phone that God himself built....
    Untill the run into the same issues we all have. Deal with the issues or call for a refurb we already know the process.
    From what Verizon told me, "green dot" tours are used phones that have been inspected and/or fixed.

Would you rather have a new phone that was "inspected" by RIM or a used phone that was "inspected" by RIM. Personally, I'll take the new one.
    09-18-09 10:53 AM
    Imma let ya know what I did and what you should do. I called Verizon a few times. Im now on my 6th tour everyone I had before that had a problem. It could be a bad track ball buzzin in the speaker very loose door or watever. So I demanded and i mean demanded to get a brand new tour. You see after the 30 day period they send u out replacements that are refurbished.. These refurbs dont really work as they should. So I told Verizon I pay far too much for this phone and my service I want my phone to work correctly. So I told them I dont want a damn refurb phone I want a brand new one. I was very rude at this point cuz of all the trouble verizon put me thru by sending all these faulty tours.. So they was like ok im sorry you keep having trouble and they sent me out a brand new tour in the blackberry box. Let me tell you its so wonderful the back door isnt loose at all the trackball is so smooth the speaker sounds clear. So I think RIM saw all these complaints and went and made the newer tours and corrected all these problems we all have been having. So call Verizon and ask or demand a brand new tour.. Blackberry is a top of the line phone. With a top of the line price tag so it should function like one. So thats what I did and now I have a perfect tour. Good look to u =)
    09-18-09 11:12 AM
    I'm on my 4th Tour , track ball is starting to go out and the OS is messing up bad , screen locks and 5-7 times a day I have to do a battery pull.Let me say this as clearly as I can HTC TP's ARE JUNK.I have a BRAND new one sitting on my desk trying to sell , you think the tour is bad HAHA get a TP or **** a TP2.The grass is not greener on the other side trust me.
    I guess my point here is "What can we do" I along with countless other's are tired of swapping out phone after phone.I like the BB os compared to WIN6.0 but the quality of this phone is horrid.

Do you see an Apple customer's adding tape on Iphones or Ipods ?
    09-18-09 11:36 PM
    You know, this isn't Verizon's fault. Be upset with RIM over this nonsense. I got my new Tour and my door doesn't jiggle at all.

I understand it being a little loose and all, but I swear...ppl are making a way bigger deal out of a loose battery door than its really worth.
    09-19-09 12:08 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD