so i had trackball issues with my first tour....
    they replaced it
    i went to a store closer to my house because my second one the battery door is loose after i pulled the battery. there is a visible GAP between the phone and batter door. the VZW lady told me that it didnt seem that bad and they are ALL like that. so we checked out the phone on display...had a gap...she even went into the back and pulled a phone out of a box and it had a gap...she said its just how the phone is.

i tried to tell her my phone before had nothing wrong with the battery door like this and that my girlfriends tour has no problem with the battery door. she just insisted they are all like that.

any ideas? should i call customer service or will that get me anywhere? and NO i was not rude to the lady in the store...always very polite.
    09-17-09 01:34 PM
    Mine has the same problem and I called up customer service about it a few times eventually I got a lady that helped out. She told me they couldn't send me a replacement but would call the local stores and see if they had any extras I could trade out for no cost. I haven't been able to get it replaced yet as they stores don't have any instock but I would say call up cs and explain the problem to them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 01:41 PM
    Mine battery door jiggles from side to side just a bit but if botters me a lot bc I have OCD, I took my phone to a local store and the ladie told me the same thing that all the phones were like that. She showed me her phone and it was fine it didnt move at all my the other rep from VZW had a tour and his moved worse than mine.

She also told me that she couldnt replace it because the battery door wasnt that bad and if I do have any problems in the future to got there and she ll replace it for me.(1 year warranty)
    Last edited by Helinho; 09-17-09 at 01:49 PM.
    09-17-09 01:46 PM
    they replaced it
    i went to a store closer to my house because my second one the battery door is loose after i pulled the battery. there is a visible GAP between the phone and batter door. the VZW lady told me that it didnt seem that bad and they are ALL like that. so we checked out the phone on display...had a gap...she even went into the back and pulled a phone out of a box and it had a gap...she said its just how the phone is.

i tried to tell her my phone before had nothing wrong with the battery door like this and that my girlfriends tour has no problem with the battery door. she just insisted they are all like that.

any ideas? should i call customer service or will that get me anywhere? and NO i was not rude to the lady in the store...always very polite.
    You can try have to pry open all the boxes until she finds one no that.
    09-17-09 01:47 PM
    I've had 3 Tours now and they have all been slightly different. I personally think when you spend as much as we have for our phones, they shouldn't have problems like this.

My first tour, no trackball issue, it performed well. I exchanged it because of the loose battery cover (I have OCD).
    Got my second tour, no battery cover issues. But after 3 weeks, my trackball failed.
    I am now on my third tour, no trackball issues to date, but have a slightly loose battery cover.

So, if you want my advice, keep the loose battery cover if the trackball works. Get a case for your tour and you won't even notice it.
    Last edited by dspcap; 09-17-09 at 02:06 PM.
    09-17-09 02:03 PM
    I called CS about the loose battery door a week after receiving the Tour: they shipped me a new one. The box was opened because they put a new sticker/seal on the box... I think they checked the door before shipping it to me. Battery door stayed closed, no gap.

When I compared the two door covers, the loose one had shorter metal clips (there are two silver clips that attach to the BB), causing it to be loose/wiggle.

FWIW, if nothing else is wrong with the phone, then keep the phone. You may open up a whole can of worms replacing it (screen ripple, bad trackball, people can't hear you, etc.)
    09-17-09 02:05 PM
    My door jiggles and it also bothers me bc I have OCD... but everyone I know that owns the phone has the same problem
    09-17-09 02:08 PM
    Thats my biggest fear, get a replacament phone bc of the loose battery door and get a phone w/ bad trackball etc..
    09-17-09 02:26 PM
    Thats my biggest fear, get a replacament phone bc of the loose battery door and get a phone w/ bad trackball etc..
    That's what happened to me on my second Tour: screen ripple (wha..?! Never noticed that before), creaky keyboard when talking on the phone, I sounded muffled on phone calls...

Both Tours had trackball issues.

So, I returned the Tour before my 30 days were up (long story-short: I paid full price for the Tour so it better be near perfect).
    09-17-09 02:31 PM
    my battery door does not have a gap, nor does it have any movement what so ever. its like a tank
    09-17-09 02:47 PM
    Mine battery door jiggles from side to side just a bit but if botters me a lot bc I have OCD, I took my phone to a local store and the ladie told me the same thing that all the phones were like that. She showed me her phone and it was fine it didnt move at all my the other rep from VZW had a tour and his moved worse than mine.

She also told me that she couldnt replace it because the battery door wasnt that bad and if I do have any problems in the future to got there and she ll replace it for me.(1 year warranty)
    The first 3 Tours I've owned had the same battery door wiggle you're experiencing. The 4th one, is solid with no wiggle / jiggle or any play.
    09-17-09 02:48 PM
    So if everyone on this thread has OCD then maybe you guys are the problem and not the phone. BOO HOO WAH WAH!!!!

Get a cover and get over. I know i know you paid good money so why should you have to get a cover to fix the problem.

My answe: get a cover and get over it, and get a hobby and a gf/bf (whichever u prefer)

No flaming involved I am sorry you guys are having problems. Good luck.
    09-17-09 03:00 PM
    Store reps are trained in this bull.
    09-17-09 03:10 PM
    They told me the same thing, so I just returned it and waited 3 1/2 weeks before buying another. And yet that one had a bad notification LED (and it WAS a green dot Tour)!
    09-17-09 05:48 PM
    So if everyone on this thread has OCD then maybe you guys are the problem and not the phone. BOO HOO WAH WAH!!!!

Get a cover and get over. I know i know you paid good money so why should you have to get a cover to fix the problem.

My answe: get a cover and get over it, and get a hobby and a gf/bf (whichever u prefer)

No flaming involved I am sorry you guys are having problems. Good luck.
    crackzilla,

Go to best buy, spend $1500 on a tv, get it home and find out the remote is broken.

My answer: get off your lazy **** and change the channel from the tv itself.

No flaming, just responding to your post.

I want a phone that is solid and works.
    Last edited by dspcap; 09-17-09 at 08:39 PM.
    09-17-09 08:37 PM
    And the silly online bickering begins......now.
    09-17-09 08:45 PM
    Yeah, you are right, I shouldn't have responded. But I couldn't help myself this time.

I always tell my kids, "have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all." I should take my own advice
    09-17-09 08:58 PM
    Ok so I swear this track ball is getting bad again. It is a green dot one. I do have a case so it really doesn't bother me...the battery door...I just want it to be right...the phone I paid for and expected to work. I def think the trackball is going bad again though. I will call cs tomorrow. How are people getting 3-6 replacement phones???????

09-17-09 09:20 PM
    they replaced it

Unfourtunately this seems to be what everyone is being told. Do they expect us to believe that RIM purposely developed a phone with a loose battery door? I tried to exchange my battery door today and I got the same crap about all of the phones being like that. I'm frustrated with the Tour because I'm on my 4th. The only problem I have on my 4th one is the loose door. I'm too afraid to exchange the whole phone because I might get one that is worse.
    09-17-09 09:50 PM
    Unfourtunately this seems to be what everyone is being told. Do they expect us to believe that RIM purposely developed a phone with a loose battery door? I tried to exchange my battery door today and I got the same crap about all of the phones being like that. I'm frustrated with the Tour because I'm on my 4th. The only problem I have on my 4th one is the loose door. I'm too afraid to exchange the whole phone because I might get one that is worse.
    Have you tried one of the tape fixes discussed in the forums? They're cheap, they're easy, and they work!

09-17-09 09:57 PM
    The loose door on my Tour is not bad but quite noticeable. It makes it easy for water droplets or moisture to get in and triger the moisture indicator, which I hope dosen't happen. The more I read the forums, the more that I feel that my first BB was not such a good purchase.
    09-17-09 10:04 PM
    The loose door on my Tour is not bad but quite noticeable. It makes it easy for water droplets or moisture to get in and triger the moisture indicator, which I hope dosen't happen. The more I read the forums, the more that I feel that my first BB was not such a good purchase.
    You and me both. I am torn between the Tour and the Touch Pro 2 with its BIG screen (and tiny battery).
    09-17-09 10:15 PM
    they replaced it

bad batch of phones, if you feel its not right, then maybe its really not right
    09-18-09 05:23 AM
    Have you tried one of the tape fixes discussed in the forums? They're cheap, they're easy, and they work!

I used electrical tape to fix my loose door. It took all of 20 seconds to do and my cover now has no movement. Perfect!
    I have ocd as well, but c'mon people!
    Last edited by OHCop; 09-18-09 at 06:05 AM.
    09-18-09 06:02 AM
    My battery door is loose and my trackball is pushed all the way in and everytime i try to scroll i find myself scrolling the blackberry button and the 'back' button, I called big red and they re sending me a brand new phone (Not a refurb). I am 3 days out of my '30 day policy' so the tech told me he was sending a brand new phone on the blackberry box
    09-18-09 08:21 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD