seriously i was just going to live with the trackball and it just kept getting worse, and i saw someone on here mention they ordered their new one, so i decided F* it i might as well im still within the 30 days so id get a brandnew one, even the guy at verizon told me there was an issue and it has been fixed. well i got mine today and it is 100000 times better, the horizontal is exactly like the vertical is, even if you have pressure on it it goes perfectly, my box had the green dot on it, so i highly reccamend calling verizon if you are having issues, seriously im not one to complain and to just live with it but im so glad i exchanged mine, also my battery door does not move at all anymore but i didnt even care about that.
    08-24-09 01:04 PM
    Cool

10char
    08-24-09 01:08 PM
    I just called VZW. Quickest call I ever made. Tech support guy was like whats your address and a new phone was on the way.
    08-24-09 01:10 PM
    I just called VZW. Quickest call I ever made. Tech support guy was like whats your address and a new phone was on the way.
    haha yea thats what happened to me, he asked me what the issue was and i said the trackball barely goes left and right and he said he would over night one right away
    08-24-09 01:26 PM
    Does anyone have the number you called at Verizon for this issue?

Thanks!
    08-24-09 01:27 PM
    not all trackballs r bad mine is fine. thank god I got a good one.
    My heart goes out to y'all that having problem. Because I would be pissed if my tour aint working.
    08-24-09 01:31 PM
    Does anyone have the number you called at Verizon for this issue?

Thanks!
    I just called the main number 1-800-922-0204
    Then put my phone number in and hit 0 after I got to the automated menu.
    08-24-09 01:33 PM
    I just called the main number 1-800-922-0204
    Then put my phone number in and hit 0 after I got to the automated menu.
    yea this is the same number i called.
    08-24-09 01:35 PM
    Thank you, SnowBrdPaint!

Well, I just called. He directed me to dial up to 100% sensitivity. Now, it's almost uncontrollable. Dialed back to 90%. We shall see how this works!
    Last edited by microkme; 08-24-09 at 01:48 PM.
    08-24-09 01:35 PM
    I just did this but the rep told me that my new phone wouldnt come with a battery door or battery. I knew it wouldnt come with a battery but no BATTERY DOOR. Has anyone else heard this from a CS rep?
    08-24-09 01:53 PM
    i just called and i will be receiving mine wed. He had me switch the Sensitivity to 100 but it was uncontrollable so I change to 80 and 90 and it got better but still stuck to icons. Didnt say anything about no battery door or battery just said i would have to completly return the phone i have everything included once i receive the new one.
    08-24-09 02:08 PM
    Thank you, SnowBrdPaint!

Well, I just called. He directed me to dial up to 100% sensitivity. Now, it's almost uncontrollable. Dialed back to 90%. We shall see how this works!
    id call back if i was you, i have changed mine to 90 and it only fixed it for a little while.

I just did this but the rep told me that my new phone wouldnt come with a battery door or battery. I knew it wouldnt come with a battery but no BATTERY DOOR. Has anyone else heard this from a CS rep?
    mine came with a battery door, but i was within 30 days so i got a brand new phone. if you're past the 30 days you'll get a refurbished one i believe.
    08-24-09 02:11 PM
    do the newer phones address the screen warping issue as well?
    08-24-09 02:26 PM
    id call back if i was you, i have changed mine to 90 and it only fixed it for a little while.
    I don't plan to give it but about 24hrs.
    Thanks, Skeebo
    08-24-09 02:49 PM
    Have Had my Tour about 2 weeks and the Track ball started non-responding on lateral movement and eventually stopped working latteraly altogether. fortunately it works verticaly and my messages icon is on the 1st column.

I stopped at a Sprint service store in Middleton Mass. and the agent there was aware of the problem and told me that the track ball problem is happening everywhere. Sprint Service Stores cannot fix it and the phone must be returned to Sprint for replacement. I called Sprint's 800 number and after being switched around from person to person and after much insistence they agreed to ship me a replacement phone. Sprint Claimed that had not heard of the problem.

Received email shipping notice today that phone has been shipped and to allow 2-3 days for Delivery. I've seen some post about a green dot that should be on the package indicating the phone is updated to fix this tracking problem. Hope it does.
    08-24-09 02:51 PM

mine came with a battery door, but i was within 30 days so i got a brand new phone. if you're past the 30 days you'll get a refurbished one i believe.
    Im past 30 days and the phone I am receiving Wednesday will not have a battery, battery door, sim card, or micro sd card. So it is either a new one without all of that stuff or it is a refurbed one. My rep told me that they havent even had time to refurb the returned phones yet but they are sending out phones that just dont have all of the stuff that I mentioned previously.
    08-24-09 03:20 PM
    Have Had my Tour about 2 weeks and the Track ball started non-responding on lateral movement and eventually stopped working latteraly altogether. fortunately it works verticaly and my messages icon is on the 1st column.

I stopped at a Sprint service store in Middleton Mass. and the agent there was aware of the problem and told me that the track ball problem is happening everywhere. Sprint Service Stores cannot fix it and the phone must be returned to Sprint for replacement. I called Sprint's 800 number and after being switched around from person to person and after much insistence they agreed to ship me a replacement phone. Sprint Claimed that had not heard of the problem.

Received email shipping notice today that phone has been shipped and to allow 2-3 days for Delivery. I've seen some post about a green dot that should be on the package indicating the phone is updated to fix this tracking problem. Hope it does.
    Well, I hope Sprint admits that they have a trackball issue as Vzw has recognized this already. Good luck
    08-24-09 03:21 PM
    I got my green dot Tour today. I didn't even know about this "green dot" thing at all. But I went to VZW and asked about my malfunctioning trackball and they immediately ordered me a new one.

Can I just say...why wasn't the phone like this when I got it!! Amazingness.
    08-24-09 03:25 PM
    the phones are new (at least mine was after I confirmed with the CS rep that I would be getitng a new one, considering it was no. 5!!!!). they come with a battery door. no battery or memory card. green dot on box.

TRACKBALL WORKS 10000000000000000% better. I will say that despite the massive inconvenience (5 of these things, geez), and the faulty hardware, vzw definitely stepped it up and has addressed the issue... even outside of 30 days.
    08-24-09 03:51 PM
    I am in 11 days into my 30 day period. I started to get horizontal scrolling problems generally scrolling to the right.

Exchanged it today, and the trackball was divine. Then I made a call and noticed the receiving audio was making some rattling sounds!

On the present build, the rattling audio effect is gone and the trackball works like a champ!
    08-24-09 08:31 PM
    after reading a bunch of threads on trackball, i threw in the towel and got a replacement. i was hoping this was a software issue (there are still some software lags, but nothing you're not used to if you had a VZW curve with the "official" OS).

anyway, i am on a corporate account, tech support guy made the call and got me a replacement. he told me the vzw rep acknowledged trackball issue and the replacement would specifically address it.

got the phone yesterday and trackball is perfect. can dial the sensitivity down to 40 and no problems. mine came with battery door but no battery as well. i didn't see the box so don't know if it had a "green dot" but it seems the problem is fixed.
    08-25-09 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD