Let me tell you a little bit about my issue. I got a curve 3 months ago and had button and trackball problems 3 times. So via manager approval they let me upgrade to a storm. I extended my contract and purchased a storm at the two year pricing. Now I'm on my 3rd storm due to bad screens and this one is already going on me. What are the chances of getting my storm replaced for a tour when it comes out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 03:34 PM
    I think lemon policy is ~3 so you would have to get in contact with a CSR about lemon policy
    06-27-09 03:34 PM
    There should seriously be a section just for people scheming to get Tours because of "bad" Storms.

Bottom line: Take it up with VZW...theres no policy, no tips, no tricks, to be able to get Tour discounts. its all at their discrestion, all you can do is ask.
    06-27-09 03:38 PM
    There should seriously be a section just for people scheming to get Tours because of "bad" Storms.

Bottom line: Take it up with VZW...theres no policy, no tips, no tricks, to be able to get Tour discounts. its all at their discrestion, all you can do is ask.
    Hey pal. 200 for a phone is a lot of money. So when I have to put paper behind the battery cover to get it to click its a little annoying! I didnt get a free junk phone here.

Last edited by brdl04; 06-27-09 at 03:48 PM.
    06-27-09 03:42 PM
    Hey pal. 200 for a phone is a lot of money. So when I have to put paper behind the battery cover to get it to click its a little annoying! I fifby get a free junk phone here.

LOL. So many posts on people trying to swap their Storm for a Tour. When these post come up you should understand the skepticism because of all the posts. I still say that if one puts so much effort into making the Storm work for them then they should suffer the consequences. If you are have legitimate hardware issues then you should contact them, because they need to give you an option. I will say you have some serious bad luck with phones!!!!
    06-27-09 03:49 PM
    If you're on your 3rd Storm due to bad screens you probably were getting refurbs...

What if they offered to give you a brand new Storm? Not sufficient cause its not what you want?

Annnnnnd what if the new Tour they potentially give you also gives you another set of problems? Will you want a free/cheap BlackBerry xxxxxxx as compensation? Don't be mad or offended, just keep in mind that all of these "I want a Tour for Storm reparations" all turn out like this. Keep in mind that this is what VZW is thinking whenever they offer to give you a different phone at a cheap price. A lot of things go in to the decision more than just you having bad luck with phones.
    06-27-09 03:54 PM
    I complained enough they swapped mine with a dumbphone until i felt confortable about getting another bb...1st time buttons stopped working...2nd..wouldnt press so i had to bend the battery door and i guess i bent it too much and messed something up i donno...and 3 i was walking in an amusment park and the damn screen, the whole thing fell out
    06-27-09 05:19 PM
    I cant trade a pearl for a env2. So good luck with that
    06-27-09 05:22 PM
    i traded down to a voyager because i tired of it and told them i was not leaving with another pile of garbage, kept leterally falling apart in my hands and i treat my phone like a newborn so i donno...i just wish maybe a rugged type bb would come to vz... u know for some of them hard working construciton type people that use bb for their business? idea?
    06-27-09 05:24 PM
    i get really skeptic if i look at a person's acct. and see 2 different phones replaced 6 whole times....some maybe legit, but 6 phones just cost us $3,000. Keep in mind this is why VZW set up its 30-day WFG in the first place. You know exactly what you're getting yourself into and signing on the dotted line to get it activated means you agree to the contract. Are you sure you treat your phone like a newborn? Trying to pull curve balls on the representatives doesn't always work out....I cant even exchange a phone thats a VZW phone that's bought at Best Buy and the cust brings into a corp. store.
    06-27-09 06:30 PM
    I've had five storms, put in a complain with plat feedback...and I'm getting a new tour because I has all LEGIT problems.

06-27-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD