I think i messed up my sensor board for my trackball because i can't click anything so i have to use the enter button for everything. the problem is that some links don't work with the enter button like clicking text boxes, are there any other ways to select these links?
    02-12-10 09:40 PM
    I think i messed up my sensor board for my trackball because i can't click anything so i have to use the enter button for everything. the problem is that some links don't work with the enter button like clicking text boxes, are there any other ways to select these links?
    someone else will likely chime in with more info, but there is something that can be replaced underneath the trackball. Do a search, I just read the thread the other day about a trackball not clicking properly.

Did it just happen or did you do something to physically damage the phone?
    02-12-10 09:46 PM
    i have no idea it just stopped. i know its the sensor board but i can deal with not clicking, i just have no idea how to click a link or text box without using the trackball
    02-12-10 10:00 PM
    The phone is under warranty - you might consider getting a replacement.

I don't understand why the ENTER key works for some stuff but not others in the browser.
    02-12-10 10:11 PM
    Its called a dome

Here is a video showing how its replaced

Here is a site selling domes
    BlackBerry OEM trackball dome - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony,

Here is the thread Jmilch may be referring to from the other day
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ba...re-buy-418062/

But like F2 said, the phone is under warranty, call Verizon and have them ship you out a replacement..
    Last edited by dave3825us; 02-12-10 at 10:19 PM.
    02-12-10 10:16 PM
    i can't get it replaced by warranty because i already took it apart to replace the trackball after i dropped it. the trackball clicks but doesn't select whatever i click. do the blackberry tours have the dome too? it looks different from that video
    02-12-10 11:30 PM
    I would assume the tour has this dome but I am not certain. I am certain as to how the dome works.

Basically under the dome is 2 contacts, and the dome is made of a material that lets voltage pass thru it. When the dome is pressed down it causes the 2 contacts to meet, completing a circuit, and sending the command to the os that it was pressed.

Since you said yours is clicking but not registering, it can only be a few things. First, the contacts could have dirt,residue or some type of corrosion preventing the contacts from actually making contact. There could be crap and residue built up in the ball mechanism preventing the ball from pressing the dome down all the way. Another thing could be a break somewhere else in that circuit. And last but not least, did you do any kind of software updates lately? I highly doubt its software related but it is a piece of the puzzle..

Your puzzle pieces are an open circuit, a dome that completes the circuit, a ball that presses the dome to make contact, and software that reads the closed circuit.

You can see the 2 contacts that sit under the dome, and when pushed in, it connects A and B..

Last edited by dave3825us; 02-13-10 at 10:47 AM.
    02-13-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD