I just restarted my Tour and once again Verizon has pushed a new app to it. There is now an icon for Backup Assistant. Does anyone know if this is free to use or if they will be charging?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 10:17 PM
    I believe if you create an account it is free. I thought I read that on the vzw site a few weeks ago
    03-29-10 10:19 PM
    I think it's $1.99 a month, but waived if you have an online verizon account or something like that. When I used to use it I would just download it, do a backup, and then unsubscribe right away. But I don't really see a use of it with a BlackBerry since DM backs everything up.
    03-29-10 10:19 PM
    If it doesn't backup my pics and calendar like best buys M:IQ then I'm not going to bother with it. At leat M:IQ is free regardless.

According to Verizon's site Backup Assistant is free now. Berryjunky was right that it used to be $1.99 but waived with an online account.
    Last edited by macaroni86; 03-29-10 at 10:33 PM.
    03-29-10 10:21 PM
    I think it's $1.99 a month, but waived if you have an online verizon account or something like that. When I used to use it I would just download it, do a backup, and then unsubscribe right away. But I don't really see a use of it with a BlackBerry since DM backs everything up.
    DM doesn't backup 3rd party apps does it?
    03-29-10 10:52 PM
    Back up assistant is awesome to have and finally available on BB is a plus. As long as you have your account set up on line it is free and so well worth it.........you will be glad you have it. Should anything happen to your BB your address book is saved. I know I have the DM too but the backup assistant is something I always had and I was disappointed when found out not on BB and when I sold wireless I always mentioned it. Verizon is the only carrier that offers this feature free when you have your account set up on line other carriers charge and no break at all. This is a great app to have
    03-29-10 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD