I did a battery pull this morning and now I have a backup assist icon on my Verizon Tour. It is just a link to download the app. Do I need it for anything? Is it part of the new OS update that came out last night? Also is there a way to update to the official OS without downgrading from my leaked OS I am using. I would like to get the official via OTA while I am at work today.
    03-30-10 08:53 AM
    Can you actually post the link to the app? I'd like to be able to download it but it's not being pushed to me for some reason.
    03-30-10 09:38 AM
    I like it, nice having all 165 contacts backed up just in case!
    03-30-10 09:41 AM
    i got it pushed to my phone today too, but does that cost money per month?
    03-30-10 10:03 AM
    I just don't see the need for it i guess. That's what my backups on my computer are for. If my phone bricks I will need to load an OS using the computer then use the backup I have on it right.

Here is the link that comes up when you click on the icon.
    BlackBerry Virtual Preload Agreement
    Last edited by jkpitcher; 03-30-10 at 10:18 AM.
    03-30-10 10:07 AM
    i installed the backup...very very nice!! way to go Verizon for pushing this out to us! I lost a phone and computer in a fire one time and didnt have any backups since the fire ruined everything, but now its stored in Verizons system in case worse comes to worse
    03-30-10 11:03 AM
    i got it pushed to my phone today too, but does that cost money per month?
    I remember it being $1.99 a month back when I had a regular phone, which was a while ago. But I looked on the backup assistant site and it says $0 now, I would just double check with verizon though if you are going to use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-10 11:11 AM
    I don't really need this. I use mIQ, Aurkon, BBSAK, and Desktop Manager. Good idea though for a non-blackberry user.
    03-30-10 11:25 AM
    I just don't see the need for it i guess. That's what my backups on my computer are for. If my phone bricks I will need to load an OS using the computer then use the backup I have on it right.

Here is the link that comes up when you click on the icon.
    BlackBerry Virtual Preload Agreement
    That link worked - thank you!
    03-30-10 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD