hi...just got my tour yesterday. loving it so far. gotta question though.
    my keypad light seems to dim out and go off at weird times? like...i will be texting or bbming and still typing...yet the keypad lights will go off? is this...normal? cant be..can it? will it go off after a certain time period no matter if i can typing on it or not? i need to pay more attention to the exact pattern, i just thought it was odd.

also...are the tours (or bb's in general, ive never had one before) not supposed to light up when you receive a message? just the overall backlight and face of the phone is what i am speaking of now.

thanks guys.
    11-10-09 03:59 PM
    Mine does not light up either when i receive a message. As far as the dimming, there is a setting for auto dimming under options, and this will keep it at full brightness if selected.
    11-10-09 04:34 PM
    yeah....the automatic backlight dim is off for my settings.
    i have it set on for 45 seconds right now. its not really the main backlight that is the problem. more of the keypad backlight...not the same thing right? i would just think that will the keypad is in use (typing in progress) the keypad would be lit up.
    11-10-09 04:47 PM
    Mine does the same. I would love an answer to this question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 04:52 PM
    Its normal, it does it when you have enough light in the room you are in, so it dims the keyboard to save battery. Put your finger over the LED indicator when the keyboard goes dim ad it wil light back up.
    11-10-09 09:02 PM
    that doesnt work for me. thanks anyway though
    11-11-09 02:33 PM
    I'm pretty sure mhock86 is right...I initially thought the same thing and then realized it had to do with ambient lighting. I just put my finger over the led with plenty of light around me and my keyboard lit up...

11-11-09 02:47 PM
    I was confused about this at first as well but mhock86 is right weather ur typing or not it will dim when there is no need for the keyboard lights 2b on. And I know my tour, and my bf's curve (I'm pretty sure all bbs in general) do noit light up for any notification except for an incoming call.

11-11-09 05:35 PM
    Yes, it is normal for blackberries to not light up when receiving a msg, I am unaware of whether or not there is a way to change this. And as said in the above posts, it has to do with ambient lighting. Its a battery conservation method built into the phone.

11-11-09 07:26 PM
    i tried putting my finger...my hand...the whole thing in the dark and still no relighting of the keypad. so...i dont know? it will light up quiet randomly though. hmm...oh well, i'll just go with it!
    11-12-09 01:59 PM
    Mine does it too and it is extremely annoying!
    11-12-09 03:38 PM
    try putting thumb over tracker ball. That worked for me.
    11-12-09 03:57 PM
    try putting thumb over tracker ball. That worked for me.

Your right its the trackball that you have to put your finger over.

Thanks
    12-01-09 10:22 AM
    I have a question somewhat related to this. My keyboard on mine will be bright on the bottom two rows of keys, and dimmer on the top two. When this happens it will usually only occur for a short time, before all rows will return to appearing the same level of brightness again. I just wanted to know if anyone had or is currently experiencing the same thing, and if there is a way to adjust it.
    02-08-10 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD