I was trying to use Sprint Cup Mobile yesterday, in a bad signal area, and noticed the back of my device was getting pretty hot. I started the application, then put the unit in my holser. Anybody experience something like this before?
    08-03-09 12:30 PM
    I have notice my device getting hot.
    08-03-09 12:32 PM
    Mine has gotten hot too. But never hot enough to put it down

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 02:08 PM
    define hot to you. The device will get warm especially in a low signal area where its trying extra hard to grab and keep that signal. Its using more abttery, creating more friction hence creating more heat. the more load on the processor, the warmer the device will get.
    08-03-09 02:15 PM
    define hot to you. The device will get warm especially in a low signal area where its trying extra hard to grab and keep that signal. Its using more abttery, creating more friction hence creating more heat. the more load on the processor, the warmer the device will get.
    Batteries create friction?

Anyway, my VZW Tour does get warm from time to time as well.
    08-03-09 03:10 PM
    Batteries create friction?

Anyway, my VZW Tour does get warm from time to time as well.
    A processor creates heat because its working and actually processing things. where does a processor get its power from? the battery. Hence the more power being pulled at a faster rate, the warmer the battery gets. The lower signal area, the harder the radios have to work to get a signal, the more power they need. This si why batteries die quicker in low cell service areas than good areas.
    08-03-09 03:29 PM
    Lol... you guys should see the Bold. That 1550 mah battery especially when you are streaming videos or something... All devices get warm or hot. It means it is working hard.

If it gets so hot that it hurts the hand than you should get it checked out. But general warmness happens on all blackberrys.
    08-03-09 03:36 PM
    I was wondering also about the warmth that is created. My tour tends to get warm also. The explanation sounds logical though.

08-03-09 04:41 PM
    Mine gets hot when I'm recording video, but I understand why it does. No big deal.

08-03-09 04:59 PM
    my battery has been getting warm as well but not exceedingly so. my previous garba...i mean phone (HTC Touch Diamond) on Sprint would get so hot i was afraid it would spontaneously combust! the Tour is so much better!
    08-03-09 05:01 PM
    Mine gets hots but not too much that it is worrisome. I think someone said that it was because the battery is more powerful and running everything causes it to work extra hard.
    08-03-09 08:16 PM
    Yeah it's natural for it to get warm... Keep in mind you have like a mini-pc in the palm of your hand. Even your laptops get warm when they are working hard or your electronics.

If it is warm than that should be normal especially if you are doing intensive things like GPS, Browsing, streaming etc... But if it's really hot and you can really FEEL it, than you might want to turn it off and let it cool. Though you should be able to tell what is warm and acceptable and what is dangerously hot.
    08-03-09 08:18 PM
    I agree, unless it is so hot that you have to put it down, I wouldn't worry about it
    08-03-09 08:36 PM
    I was using my Sprint cup mobile today and mine got hot as well while using it!!
    08-03-09 08:37 PM
    I was trying to use Sprint Cup Mobile yesterday, in a bad signal area, and noticed the back of my device was getting pretty hot. I started the application, then put the unit in my holser. Anybody experience something like this before?
    the worse the signal, the higher the transmit power from your phone. More heat, faster battery drain.
    08-03-09 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD