After upgrading to 5.....591 on my Verizon Tour I finally lost my patience with it and downgraded to 4.7.1. How nice to have an OS that really works again.

-Quick Pull now works again
    - Iheartradio now works again
    - no browser click problem

I will stay on this the 4.7.1 OS until Verizon releases an OFFICIAL OS that does not suck or I will wait out my two year plan and switch to anything but a Blackberry.

Barry
    05-12-10 09:22 PM
    Why dont you install the leaked .643 or .662 OS versions or .419 or .484 official ones??? There is no need to stay on 4.7 when there good stable versions available.

All above mentioned OS versions are stable and there are no browser click issues. Kinda silly to wait until VZW finanlly decides to release an OS
    05-13-10 11:38 AM
    .419 is a solid OS, was official via Alltel.
    05-13-10 11:44 AM
    +1

.519 is (apparently) a terrible build, I've never used it. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's any better than the betas.

As a matter of fact, it seems most "unofficial" OS builds are of a higher quality than the official ones.
    05-13-10 12:10 PM
    +1

.519 is (apparently) a terrible build, I've never used it. Just because it's official doesn't mean it's any better than the betas.

As a matter of fact, it seems most "unofficial" OS builds are of a higher quality than the official ones.
    This actually raises a question that I've been wondering for a while.... where do the "unofficial" OSes come from? Like who makes them and releases them?

P.S. To not be a total thread-jacker , I can personally say that .484 on Sprint is wonderful -- browser is a lot faster than 4.7, yet has none of those awful browser click issues that .624 has, battery life seems great, and every app that I have really works nicely! The threaded SMS and little upgrades like that are also very nice (you have a lot more options to customize it the way you like it)..... so if you DO want to upgrade from the 4.7, the .484 is awesome!
    Last edited by CaraP; 05-13-10 at 12:22 PM.
    05-13-10 12:14 PM
    I don't get why people are stuck on carrier-blessed OS's only. You pay good money for a device that rocks on the right version of 5.0, so why not let your bb be all it can be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 12:16 PM
    This actually raises a question that I've been wondering for a while.... where do the "unofficial" OSes come from? Like who makes them and releases them?
    RIM makes them and testers leak them. They are potential official OS's that are being tested as possible candidates to get the carrier's stamp of approval.

Most leaks don't get the "official" moniker, but many of them are superior, in part or in full, to official OS's. Many timed a hybrid maker will take the best elements of various leaks and combine them into a hybrid.

Also, what is official with one carrier isn't official on another. Like Sprint's .484 or Alltel's .419. VZW didn't approve either one of those, yet other carriers did.

05-13-10 12:23 PM
    I don't get why people are stuck on carrier-blessed OS's only. You pay good money for a device that rocks on the right version of 5.0, so why not let your bb be all it can be?

That's a mouthful.

I personally like .643, it runs fast and smooth. No issues whatsoever.
    05-13-10 12:27 PM
    That's a mouthful.

I personally like .643, it runs fast and smooth. No issues whatsoever.
    Lol, try and say that 10 times fast. Maybe that should be RIM's new slogan.

05-13-10 12:29 PM
    I'm rockin .643 with np's.

05-13-10 01:23 PM
    Not sure what if anything is better than .419. Sticking with that for now. No issues at all. Battery life is great, and it runs smoothly.
    05-13-10 02:37 PM
    Ditto on .643 - runs like a charm. I had the "Free" version of quickpull, but decided that the ALT-SHIFT-DEL was way easier (I don't do scheduled pulls).

BerryBuzz works fantastic on this OS build also.

And yes, the little bells and whistles of 5.x are very very nice.
    05-13-10 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD