Alright, I have a tour i've had it for about 4 or 5 months so far. JUST purchased Meterberry, as I felt like my batter is dying WAY to fast on me. I've a fairly heavy user, especially during the week. I'll have great reception, but my phone will NOT last through the day. My old nonsmart phone would let me text all day on it and it'd only lose my bar. I have to charge my phone during lunch just so it'll last...

So I purchased meterberry, and i'm getting about 7-9% discharge rate. Is that normal? Considering I mainly text, a few emails and little to no web-browsing?
    01-09-10 08:55 AM
    The trouble is that the experiences that different Tour owners are having are not all consistent. Some people have been getting great battery life. I know of at least 2 people on this website running the basic 4.7 OS, but whose Tour batteries last for almost 24 hours, with light to moderate use before needing recharging again. That was never my experience; my experience was similar to yours. If my battery was fully charged at 8 a.m., by noon it was already half-depleted, regardless of whether I was using it heavily, lightly or not at all. Of course, if I used it heavily, it would be depleted even faster than that.

Running the new OS .419 has made a big difference for me. After several battery pulls, I am getting about 15 hours of light to moderate use before needing to recharge which is almost double the amount I used to get. Given this experience, and my experience when I ran the .230 hybrid, your battery depletion rate has more to do with the OS than the battery itself. Of course, I am assuming that you are familiar with the conventional techniques on how to conserve battery life, such as keeping your screen illumination to 10%, closing any apps not in use, minimizing use of any apps utilizing GPS, etc.

In other words, your experience is not different from other people's experience running OS 4.7., and you are almost guaranteed to see an improvement when the OS is officially upgraded to 5.0.
    Last edited by Barredbard; 01-09-10 at 09:13 AM.
    01-09-10 09:09 AM
    I'm running .419, have done several battery pulls and it works fine.... But the screen is all the way down, gps/bluetooth is off. Right now i'm getting 33% an hour! Which is crazy imo and i'm barely using it right now. Granted I have fairly awful reception at my house. 1-2bars.
    01-09-10 09:32 AM
    I am running one of the 410 hybrids right now and am making it 48 hours between charges. All the normal battery saving tricks like IXEV, screen brightness, time out, GPS off, exc. My normal usage is 4 or 5 short phone calls 40 to 60 text messages and opening the browser just a few short times to check weather sport scores stuff like that. The only running app that I have open besides the stock is BBWeather polling every 60 min refreshing forecast every 120 min.
    01-09-10 10:11 AM
    I'm running .419, have done several battery pulls and it works fine.... But the screen is all the way down, gps/bluetooth is off. Right now i'm getting 33% an hour! Which is crazy imo and i'm barely using it right now. Granted I have fairly awful reception at my house. 1-2bars.
    When did you download it? When I first downloaded .419, my fully charged battery lasted about 7 hours. The second day, about 9 hours. Now, it lasts almost 24 hours. It takes at least 2 days for the phone to get acclimatized to the new OS. If it hasn't been 2 days, give it that time, at least, and continue doing the battery pulls. When you do a battery pull, take the battery completely out of the phone for at least 30 seconds before reinserting it.
    01-09-10 12:25 PM
    i'm currently a curve user, but i'm upgrading to a tour on monday. having said that, there are several things that can cause your battery to drain quickly. signal strength is a big one. also, the number of running apps that require a data connection can have a huge impact. services like gps and bluetooth can cut effective live almost in half. your charging habits can impact performance. batt's drain much faster with heavy use. as a battery ages, its ability to store an appropriate voltage diminishes, cutting battery life. some themes consume more battery than others. etc etc etc

basically, it's about impossible to tell you how long a battery should last, because everyone's situation is different. i get anywhere from one to three days on my curve before needing a recharge, and the tour i'm activating monday has held its charge since over a week ago (granted, it's only been turned on for about 2 days total and isn't active, but it still has 75%).

if you think the battery is discharging way too quickly, take it back to the store and see if they'll replace it under warranty.
    01-09-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD