I'm kinda new to this site and I have an issue with my Tour. Now this issue may have been addressed somewhere else on here but I didn't find it. I have had this phone for about a month but I've had this issue for just a few days. I have my messages set to "NEVER" auto open when taken out of the holster but they do anyway!!! Am I alone on this? I hate this!!!! I took it to Verizon and they said there was nothing they could do.
    03-23-10 11:03 AM
    I have the same issue, same setting. I have just learned to deal with it. If you leave it in the holster for a few minutes after recieveing the message it does not auto open.
    03-23-10 11:19 AM
    Yeah, thats what verizon told me. I wonder if the new software version will fix that? Who knows. Thanks for your reply.
    03-23-10 11:26 AM
    This is one of those infamous features that just dosent work...same with the "auto-delete" messages option. Don't hold your breath!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-10 02:09 PM
    If you wait 15 seconds after the message arrives, it should not open, regardless of the menu option. Try that and see if it solves the problem. Originally the assumption was if you removed the device from the holster immediately, you wanted to read the new message. If you waited 15 seconds, then it was assumed you didn't want to read the message.
    03-23-10 08:49 PM
    I'm kinda new to this site and I have an issue with my Tour. Now this issue may have been addressed somewhere else on here but I didn't find it. I have had this phone for about a month but I've had this issue for just a few days. I have my messages set to "NEVER" auto open when taken out of the holster but they do anyway!!! Am I alone on this? I hate this!!!! I took it to Verizon and they said there was nothing they could do.
    Do you still have the Verizon 4.7 OS installed? If so, that's the problem. I also have the Verizon Tour and had that problem with 4.7. But I upgraded using Sprint's OS 5.0 ROM a few weeks ago, and from what I've noticed, it fixes the problem. I hope this helps!
    03-24-10 09:16 AM
    I'm with Sprint and after upgrading to the new 5.0 I don't have the problem anymore....new OS fixed that problem...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 09:33 AM
    I guess Rim/bb believes that if you pull your bb out of its holster immediately after it alerts you to an email/sms or whatever, that you actually probably want to see what the fuss is all about.
    03-24-10 01:35 PM
    I have mine set to open, but it never does. Running a 5.0 hybrid and bblight - thinking bblight might have something to do with it?
    03-24-10 02:49 PM
    I have a password on mine so it rarely happens unless I JUST holstered it & get a message.
    03-24-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD