Hi all,

One of the best features with my BB is the auto lock (an app I downloaded). It would basically put it in standby mode after a few seconds of inactivity. This was key because it prevented it from going off in my pocket.

With the new OS, the app doesn't work. I know there is a similar function with the new OS, but it requires a 4-digit (?) password as opposed to a quick 2-button key press to unlock.

Any ideas on how to get this back?
    04-09-10 02:59 PM
    U have to go under options to assign a pw and set a time limit for ur device to lock now. The new OS only places ur device in standby mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-10 04:02 PM
    i have AutoLock running on my 9700 on 5.0.0.545 and it still works. perhaps try a different version (there are a few roaming around the internet).
    04-09-10 04:09 PM
    i have AutoLock running on my 9700 on 5.0.0.545 and it still works. perhaps try a different version (there are a few roaming around the internet).
    What version do you have and where did you get it? Basically I'm looking for an app that will put my phone in the new "standby" mode when my screen dims. Then I would just have to hit the lock button on the top left to get it out of standby mode but without having to set a password...
    04-13-10 11:32 AM
    I downgraded to .419 for the same reason. Couldn't stand the fact that ALL the autolock apps wouldn't work. In this case no OS's work with autolock above .419 for the tour anyway. I've tried them all.

04-13-10 12:50 PM
    I downgraded to .419 for the same reason. Couldn't stand the fact that ALL the autolock apps wouldn't work. In this case no OS's work with autolock above .419 for the tour anyway. I've tried them all.

Were you having any battery issues on VZW's .591? How is .419 running for you on the VZW Tour??

Thanks for your reply!
    04-13-10 01:16 PM
    Yea, the battery for the tour is so-so anyway but I found anything above .419 sucked with battery. I am a sucker for trying new OS's and after all the terrible builds I've tried I am just going to stick with .419 until reactions on a newer one are very favorable. .419 is really solid.

04-13-10 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD