I currently have my "Keep Messages" set for 15 days, yet my Blackberry Tour continues to keep e-mails longer than that without automatically deleting them. I've found a bunch of threads for other Blackberry's having this same issue, but no resolutions... Anyone have any thoughts on how to fix this?

A little background - Again, "Keep Messages" is set for 15 days. All of my messages comes through BIS (I am NOT set up on a BES server). The messages all come to my devices from being sent to [email protected] - I'm not using Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. "Delete On" is set to "Handheld". "Wireless Reconcile" is set to "On". "On Conflict" is set to "Handheld Wins". I CAN manually go in and delete messages individually, and can also go to a specific date and use the delete prior messages successfully. It's just a royal pain to have to go through and delete them manually when the automatic deletion should work.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    08-16-09 07:43 PM
    Just noticed this myself after reading your post... Never had a problem with it on my curve. It isn't deleting any of my messages from my 3 email boxes or my text messages.
    08-16-09 08:14 PM
    This actually used to happen to me with my 8330 Curve as well - so maybe there's just something "broken" in one of my database settings that needs to be cleared to get it back in gear. Any thoughts are definitely appreciated!
    08-16-09 10:25 PM
    Bumping this rather than starting a new thread. Anyone come up with a solution?
    09-25-09 09:38 AM
    Mine works fine!
    Well, almost fine. I can see a have a few "straggler" emails that are maybe 31-36 days old despite my Keep Messages set to 30.

I just noticed that older SMS messages are being kept, but I guess that's so it can list the previous items as per the SMS menu in Options. (I'm referring to the main Options App.)

I'm not just gloating that mine works!
    I do have one idea for you to try, as I have one setting different than yours.

Try On Conflict: Mailbox Wins

Will this fix it? I don't know! But I have that setting different than yours and mine works, so it's worth a try�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 09:54 AM
    I am having same issue on my Tour. Mine is set to "Keep 30 Days", and has been since I got it, yet every email I have ever received on this device is still on it, all the way back to July 14 -- which is about 75 days.

Anyone have a fix for this ??
    09-29-09 05:37 PM
    Is memory cleaning enabled on your phones? If not turn it on and see if that helps.
    09-29-09 05:49 PM
    Memory cleaning was off. Turned it on, locked the device, it went through memory cleaning process. Old emails are still there.

Thanks for the idea though.
    09-29-09 07:37 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing. Is there a way to delete them off my phone, but not from my computer?
    10-25-09 07:53 PM
    That setting is useless and nonfunctional. I have messages from 7/20 and my setting is on 30-days. I've gotten accustomed to manually purging (using delete prior) on the 1st of every month.
    10-25-09 08:03 PM
    That setting is useless and nonfunctional. I have messages from 7/20 and my setting is on 30-days. I've gotten accustomed to manually purging (using delete prior) on the 1st of every month.
    I was going to do that, but when I do, it deletes the email from my computer as well, which is what I do not want to happen. Are you aware of a way to remove the emails from my phone without deleting them from my computer?
    10-25-09 08:58 PM
    Sure! Go to: MESSAGES > OPTIONS > EMAIL RECONCILIATION > DELETE ON > Prompt
    10-25-09 09:00 PM
    Wow, another bug for the tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD