I was wondering when I got my tour it was preloaded with 5.0.0.591. I now use .975 and really I've loved it and 5.0 in general but was wondering what the main differences are between os 4.7 and 5.0. How was messaging on 4.7? It wasn't threaded right? Also was 4.7 fast and light on memory? I'm all about speed when it comes to my blackberry, do not care about the pretty stuff on the screen just using it to get the job done mostly web browsing (mobile sites) and texting here. Should I try out 4.7 and see if I like it?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 01:52 AM
    The main issue that people had with OS 4.7 is the "reload software 552" error which bricks your phone and makes it completely useless until you reload the OS and everything you had on it. This happened to many people, including me 3 times within a few months of me having my new Tour. I learned from the experience after the first time it happened and started doing backups, but it continued to happen and I got fed up and started using OS 5 ever since then (back then all we had were leaks).

You are correct, sms are not threaded in OS 4.7, but I'm really not sure on browsing speed comparisons or memory.
    11-04-10 08:46 AM
    I've never had an error message on 4.7. I've tried every OS available and I return to 4.7 every time. Not super fast, but neither are any of the 5's. And I can't stand the look of the threaded sms.
    11-04-10 12:12 PM
    I've never had an error message on 4.7. I've tried every OS available and I return to 4.7 every time. Not super fast, but neither are any of the 5's. And I can't stand the look of the threaded sms.
    I like the threaded SMS so i guess 4.7 isn't for me? how much free RAM do you usually have with 4.7? is it any speedier at all than 5.0?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-10 12:38 PM
    As far as speed, 4.7 doesn't compare. All of the 5.0.x.x.x OSs are much snappier than any 4.7. As for the bugs, or other strange issues/brickings, well that's a different story.

4.7 is REALLY old at this point... sorry.
    11-09-10 08:46 PM
    Boot times on 4.7 in my experience were even longer than with 5. Also, from what I remember, the browser wasn't quite as good on 4.7.
    11-10-10 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD