i've been having the same problem for awhile now,contacted sprint through email and they just keep giving me the run around.gonna try to go to a corporate store this week and see if i can't get it swapped out.i don't care if its a refurb as long as it works.its so damn annoying to try and correct some spelling when the cursor won't move.
    10-20-09 03:50 AM
    Went last week to get my trackball looked at (have a first batch tour). They said they could replace the trackball with a white one or just get the whole phone replaced. Ended up getting a replacement (brand new, not refurbished).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 04:06 AM
    So from what it seems, the tours made recently have no trackball issues?

I just got mine replaced last week at my local Sprint store and the Tour I got literally just arrived at the store that day. (I have a friend who works there, so I know they weren't BS'n me)

First thing I noticed is the trackball felt a TAD bit lower in the device. Not much and barely noticeable, but feels slightly lower. And it's also MUCH smoother than my last Tour.

So I'm assuming that the newer build dates hopefully won't have the dreaded trackball stick.

Also I noticed I can push as hard as I want on the trackball and call/menu/back/end call buttons and the screen doesn't ripple one bit.
    10-20-09 04:07 AM
    I just got mine replaced last week at my local Sprint store and the Tour I got literally just arrived at the store that day. (I have a friend who works there, so I know they weren't BS'n me)

First thing I noticed is the trackball felt a TAD bit lower in the device. Not much and barely noticeable, but feels slightly lower. And it's also MUCH smoother than my last Tour.

So I'm assuming that the newer build dates hopefully won't have the dreaded trackball stick.

Also I noticed I can push as hard as I want on the trackball and call/menu/back/end call buttons and the screen doesn't ripple one bit.
    awesome! then.
    10-20-09 06:48 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD