When I try to email any pictures, I get a message that "the total attachment size exceeds the maximum allowed size." This is happening even though the estimated size is only 83.8KB. Can anyone give me any ideas about what I'm doing wrong? I'm on Verizon, by the way.

I did try to search this but I can't find any similar problems for an attachment this small...

Thank you!

JTL
    05-26-10 12:53 PM
    What OS, what sort of email account are you trying to go with, have you tried a battery pull, is the 83kb attachment the only one you're trying to add to that message, and how long has it been doing this?

Does it work with other attachments besides that one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 01:02 PM
    It's the latest official release from Verizon (5.0.0.591.) I tried battery pull. The 83K was just an example - the problem happens when I try to send a photo I've taken with the camera via email. It's been doing this since the first time I tried to email a photo.

Other attachments seem to be fine.

Thanks for your help and the quick reply!
    05-26-10 01:08 PM
    Bumping because it still doesn't work...
    06-02-10 01:20 PM
    More details needed.

BES or BIS ?

What TYPE of email are you using?

Have you tried OTHER email addresses to send the message?
    06-02-10 05:22 PM
    More details needed.

BES or BIS ?

What TYPE of email are you using?

BIS. Just using the regular email program that comes with the blackberry. I go in to my pictures, select send/share via email and when I go to send, I get that message.

It's so strange because the file is so small. Even when I change it to the smallest option (it gives you 3 choices) it is still too big.
    06-02-10 06:05 PM

Have you tried composing an email from the Message application and attaching the picture that way?
    06-02-10 07:11 PM

Have you tried composing an email from the Message application and attaching the picture that way?
    I just tried emailing to different addresses and tried going in to create a message and attaching that way, but the same message keeps popping up. Thanks very much for your help, by the way.
    06-07-10 03:02 PM
    One more time.

Have you tried sending the messages FROM a DIFFERENT email address ON your BlackBerry?
    06-07-10 05:49 PM
    Try restoring the OS, maybe?
    06-07-10 07:28 PM
    One more time.

Have you tried sending the messages FROM a DIFFERENT email address ON your BlackBerry?
    I don't have any other email accounts on my phone, so no. I am able to send it via BB Messenger, though, with no problems.
    06-09-10 03:54 PM
    Try restoring the OS, maybe?
    I will try this if necessary. Thank you.
    06-09-10 03:55 PM
    Add a different email address (GMail, Yahoo, etc) to the device and try it.
    06-09-10 04:57 PM
    Add a different email address (GMail, Yahoo, etc) to the device and try it.
    OK, I added my gmail account and the exact same thing happens. It has to be a setting of some sort?
    06-10-10 07:58 PM
    There's no setting for this.

And since you are on Verizon, it's not a carrier issue.

And you said that you are on BIS not a BES, so it's not an IT policy restriction.

And in the past, I recall people having issues sending pictures from the Pictures application, but they were able to send them by composing the message from the Messages application.

I'm stumped.

The only thing I can think of is to try another OS version, but I haven't heard of anyone having this issue on .591.
    06-10-10 08:40 PM
    There's no setting for this.

And since you are on Verizon, it's not a carrier issue.

And you said that you are on BIS not a BES, so it's not an IT policy restriction.

And in the past, I recall people having issues sending pictures from the Pictures application, but they were able to send them by composing the message from the Messages application.

I'm stumped.

The only thing I can think of is to try another OS version, but I haven't heard of anyone having this issue on .591.
    OK. Thanks again for your help.
    06-11-10 07:34 AM
    In case anyone else has this problem, I figured out that I can email the pictures if I select "MMS" instead of "Email" as the means to send.
    06-15-10 10:33 AM
    I have a difference variation of the attachment being too large. I can email pictures, no problem. I cannot email videos I've created using my phone. But, if I've saved a video onto the device, I can send that video.

I am unable to create an MMS message. I have SMS and Email going to 2 difference folders and haven't played around enough to see if that's the reason I don't have the MMS option in either folder.

I can't install another email program -- this is a work Blackberry so IT policy forbids it.
    06-15-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD