does anyone know if asurion does a fru program. because i called verizon and told them i had about 6 replacements and only one was for insurance. and the customer service rep told me i hadnt had any except for the insurance. and now i have to wait 30 days before verizon will a replacement instead of asurion. i really dont want a storm for another month
    08-04-09 09:06 AM
    Sorry what is fru

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 09:11 AM
    Yes, I'd like to know what "fru" is also?

If you had 6 replacements already, then you should have made sure that you had your account annotated when they did ALL of these replacements. Actually, they should have been annotated anyway due to Verizon having to do ESN changes. Every single phone swap that I have done since I started with VZW about 15 years ago has always been annotated on my accounts, even the couple of times I went through insurance.
    08-04-09 09:14 AM
    "Field Replacement Unit"

It's a device used as an exchange for warranty replacement issues. They're usually refurbished handsets.
    08-04-09 09:17 AM
    i talked to 3 different ppl and all said i had only 2 replacements and i was basically trying to get a new phone by lying. so finally i bypassed CS and the guy at the fru department acknowledged 4 of my replacements
    08-04-09 10:09 AM
    Hope they fix it right for you!
    08-04-09 10:20 AM
    well they cant do any thing for a month because i have a insurance replacement. and i dont want to keep a refurb that long. so i found away to bypass customer service and talk to a guy in the the FRU dept. he said he couldnt help me because of insurance but that if i wanted to i can go to a corporate store and talk to a manager. i may have to pay 50 to a hundred but i think its worth it to get rid of my storm.
    08-04-09 10:26 AM
    Well you LIED therefore you got what you deserve. I went through 4 storms all hardware issues didn't lie explained to them I would like a NEW Tour for my troubles...well July 12th walk into store picked up new tour. You reaped what you sowed.......or did they accuse you of lying.. i may have misread....if you have that many replacements call *611 option 3 straight to support do not talk to cs they don't know anything..
    Last edited by spaciorek; 08-04-09 at 11:33 AM.
    08-04-09 11:31 AM
    first off i didnt lie why would i say ive had 6 storms when all i need to do a fru? second i have been with customer service 3 times activating my phones. i had to manually change some number to activate it because *228 wouldnt work
    08-04-09 12:00 PM
    Well you LIED therefore you got what you deserve. I went through 4 storms all hardware issues didn't lie explained to them I would like a NEW Tour for my troubles...well July 12th walk into store picked up new tour. You reaped what you sowed.......or did they accuse you of lying.. i may have misread....if you have that many replacements call *611 option 3 straight to support do not talk to cs they don't know anything..
    Now if you need to dump your storm call *611 and go straight to option 3 that will get you to BB tech support explain to them you are on your 6th one and you would like a tour for your trouble. If the notes are in the system it is simple math you have 6 in less than twelve months thats a rate of 1 every two months.
    08-04-09 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD