Hi,

I am going to buy Blackberry Tour from eBay.
    My question is what is the different between BB Tour from Verizon and from Sprint?
    I am going to use it with my T-Mobile (GSM).

Thanks a lot for the information.
    09-23-09 06:32 PM
    Well, while I'm not completely sure, I've read that there are possibly issues with the gps on the Sprint version. Why - who the heck knows.
    09-24-09 12:09 AM
    Well, while I'm not completely sure, I've read that there are possibly issues with the gps on the Sprint version. Why - who the heck knows.
    I think that is a google problem not a sprint problem
    09-24-09 12:29 AM
    Its Coverage.Sprint works where Verizon doesn't.
    09-24-09 12:53 AM
    I think that is a google problem not a sprint problem
    Sprint uses a different GPS chip that makes it difficult for Google maps to achieve a GPS lock while the phone is in CDMA network mode. When using GSM mode, strangely, Goggle maps locks on fine. If OP has T-Mobile data it should not affect hime/her.

Othar than that and the rubberized battery door with Verizon Tour, there are no obvious differences.
    09-24-09 12:58 AM
    Yeah, either one should work just fine if your intended use is with a GSM network.
    09-24-09 01:47 AM
    the battery door also. sprint's is glossy black and verizon's is soft touch black.
    Last edited by the one and only M; 09-24-09 at 06:15 AM.
    09-24-09 06:10 AM
    get the sprint as it comes unlocked.
    09-24-09 06:38 AM
    Verizon Tour all the way Verizon has the best service....From coverage to interaction nobody is better....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 06:43 AM
    coverage doesnt matter. the op says the phone will be used unlocked on t-mobile.
    09-24-09 06:46 AM
    How do you know? Have you travelled across the country, charting out your coverage with Vzw? Or are you just going off their million dollar marketing claim? It might be the best for YOU-but that dosent mean it would be the best for someone else. I don't ever go around saying sprint has the "best coverage" because I can't make that claim. I would be lying, because I haven't done an in-depth study on this, as you haven't either. The reports that HAVE been released on this matter, however, have favored Sprint-by a slight margin. This was going off of each carriers "street-level" coverage maps...region by region. If you want to debate coverage, debate that study...
    Verizon has the best service....From coverage to interaction nobody is better....

09-24-09 08:52 AM
    get the sprint as it comes unlocked.
    its only unlocked for OVERSEAS INTERNATIONAL SIM's, not domestic GSM SIMs, so you can't just pop a t-mobile or at&t sim in the tour.
    09-24-09 08:58 AM
    How do you know? Have you travelled across the country
    Actually, yes. I was on Sprint awhile back, in rural areas they are terrible, like out in the woods, mountains, country. Verizon has service everywhere I go, I've yet to have my BlackBerry say "No Signal". Sprint is also having reception issues with the Tour, their network wasn't ready for the Tour...
    09-24-09 09:02 AM
    Make sure you are buying an unlocked storm to make your life a little easier. If not you can get an unlock code on ebay for $10.
    09-24-09 09:18 AM
    I have yet to see "no signal" as well-even out in the boonies. Many locations where sprint service is unavailable, there are roaming contracts to make up for lack of service. On the last trip I took up north, 9 out of 10 times I found myseld in service whereas my colleagues att iphone was without-i guess that's not saying much though, considering att service isint so great to begin with. Either way-these rural areas with little to no service are getting smaller and smaller by the day. Eventually there will be coverage everywhere, whether it be your actual carrier, or a roaming agreement. In my travels, I have yet to be stuck with no coverage-the one or two times I have, there were simply no cell towers in sight, period.

Actually, yes. I was on Sprint awhile back, in rural areas they are terrible, like out in the woods, mountains, country. Verizon has service everywhere I go, I've yet to have my BlackBerry say "No Signal". Sprint is also having reception issues with the Tour, their network wasn't ready for the Tour...
    09-24-09 12:07 PM
    I would say go with Sprint.
    I travel all over the country and have had no problem with VZW or sprint but Sprint's Tour comes with the sim unlocked.
    Also Sprint has the Simply Everything plan which blows all others out of the water for value. (That is if unlimited everything for $100 works for you)
    09-25-09 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD