I now have the means to input in Arabic since driphter hybrid 8.6, something not possible with any other OS for some odd reason, and so I bought an Arabic keyboard from ebay. I don't want to install is myself so I was thinking to take it in a local, non-corporate sprint repair store and have them do it. Do you think they'll agree to do it? The black Arabic keyboard is physically similar to the OEM, but I don't actually think it is OEM.
    05-03-10 08:18 PM
    They'll charge you for the "repair" and you may lose warranty.
    05-03-10 08:26 PM
    I have TEP. Not too worried about manufacturer warranty.
    05-03-10 08:33 PM
    It's a crap shoot. Slip one of the workers $30 and maybe he'll do it when business is slow.
    05-04-10 01:18 AM
    SPRINT PCS -

From this, I would say that it would NOT be covered.

The Program does not cover:
    1> Incidental or consequential damages;
    2>) failures caused by acts of God, fire, flood, explosion, war, terrorism, strike, embargo, acts of the government, military authority, or the elements;
    3> loss, theft, abuse, misuse, improper installation, water damage, or customer negligence;
    4> pre-existing Operational Failures of the Covered Equipment occurring before the time it was established as the Covered Equipment;
    5> cracked displays unless resulting from normal wear and tear or defect in parts or manufacturing; and
    6> changes or enhancements in color, texture, finish, expansion, contraction, or any cosmetic damage to Covered Equipment however caused, including, but not limited to, scratches and marring, that do not affect the mechanical or electrical function of the Designated Wireless Device.

Further, Covered Equipment does not include and the Program does not cover:
    1> Contraband or property in the course of illegal transportation or trade; 2>) Property in transit to You from anyone other than Us; 3> Consumable items, such as batteries (one standard battery will be provided with Replacement Equipment on approved claims for replacement of the Designated Wireless Device if the battery has also failed);
    4> Battery chargers (one standard charger will be provided with Replacement Equipment on approved claims for replacement of the Designated Wireless Device if the charger has also failed); or
    5>) Any accessories, (except as otherwise provided with respect to batteries and battery chargers), including but not limited to color face plates, personalized data, or customized software, such as personal information managers (PIMs), ring tones, games, or screen savers.
    05-04-10 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD