I keep reading that applications slow down your phone (Tour 9650) how many apps are we talking....I want to download a few but fearful of slower down my BB. Also, how do you remove an app if already installed?

Thanks
    Carey
    07-14-10 03:08 PM
    Apps that are not running will not slow down your phone unless you have so many that you run out of memory. As long as you have at least 10MB of application memory free (not media card memory) then you have nothing to worry about.

To delete an installed app, go to Options / Advanced Options / Applications, select the app, press Menu, and select Delete. Your device will probably reboot.

Note there is NO undelete app process. If you delete something and later want it back, you have to reinstall it.

Vast amounts of empty memory don't buy you enhanced performance. Load it up with apps that do stuff you want done.
    07-14-10 03:12 PM
    Thank you so much Jeff...now I'm excited to start buying apps! One last question, how do I check my application memory to know that I have at least 10MB free? Can you tell I'm a new BB owner!
    07-14-10 03:16 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Options > Memory > Application Memory Free Space

I think the Tour has 256MB of Memory, of which you should have about 100 or so free. Go ahead and load it up with apps! You have plenty of room
    07-14-10 03:18 PM
    You are right, I currently have 90.9 memory of free space! Woo hoo...thank you again!
    07-14-10 03:28 PM
    If you install an app and your device does slow down or begin to behave in some undesirable way, suspect the last app installed rather than low memory per se. Not all apps are well-behaved, and unfortunately it's sometimes impossible to know until you try one whether it will play well with your other apps or not.
    07-14-10 03:38 PM
    got it, thanks...I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions
    07-14-10 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD