I have had the Tour since Launch day. I love the phone but I am having a few issues that makes no sense to me and I wanted to know if anyone else was seeing this aswell. My first Tour worked fine until I tried to install Viigo, while it was being installed the phone crashed, there was a white screen with restart in the center. Phone failed to reboot and gave Reload Software:552 error. I reinstalled OS and everything was fine. I then decided to update Slacker Radio and after install I got error message. Phone crashed agan and I had to reload OS again. The error mesages I received were "Error starting slacker_radio:error loading module 'slacker_radio' out of memoryerror" and "Error starting slacker_radio:error loading module 'slacker_radio-13' has verification error". I get this same error when I try to install Slacker, Where, Snaptu and others. I have had 3 Tours due to various failures including trackball being stuck and would not work unless I had setings for horizantal scroll set to 100. Third Tour was perfect until 10 min ago I decided to go to app world and try Viigo again since I got a new phone on Friday. I proceeed to download and install app and like dejavu white screen came up and phone restarted with error 552. This is the 5th time I am going to have to reinstall OS. I wouldn't be concerened if this happened on the 1st phone only, but 3 phones with same issue? Is there anyone else seeing this issue or anything similar? Right now I am stuck at work without a working phone which sucks but I will have to deal, until I get home at 9:30.

These are some of the error messages I am receiving on Tour. Also if others want to add other error messages to the list that would be great.

These messages eventually lead to 552 error and I have to reload OS.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by irie; 08-11-09 at 12:35 AM.
    08-04-09 05:38 PM
    I've had to wipe mine twice because of the 552 error. Same error code too trying to run already installed applications.

08-04-09 06:36 PM
    I've had to wipe mine twice because of the 552 error. Same error code too trying to run already installed applications.

Do you know what app caused your phone to crash?

08-04-09 06:42 PM
    I've had no problems installing any apps on mine.

I am running a hybrid OS, though. Not sure if that would make a difference. Guess it would depend on what modules on my hybrid build are OS 5 and which ones aren't.

08-04-09 06:43 PM
    Evernote does this every time as does the nexflix Movela app, I have also had issue with Documents to go. I have learned after the few days I have had to phone to install only one app at a time, do a battery pull and make sure it loads. If it doesn't, I connect up desktop manager an uninstall the offending app. That fixes it everytime.

Not sure if this is a tour issue or and issue with the 4.7.1.40 OS. I actually returned my first tour as I thought it was defective, but can't imagine 2 in a row having the issue.
    08-04-09 07:48 PM
    Let's see the last 552 error was after the appworld told me I had an update for viigo. Installed and it said to restart. Then reload os 552

08-04-09 07:51 PM
    This is getting ridiculous. Just wiped and reinstalled OS. Installed a some apps with no errors at all. Restarted phone and 552 error again. I don't know what caused it cause all the apps installed and launched fine this time. I am gonna give this phone 5 more fu***** days and if this keeps up I am calling it quits. I am not going back to my Storm so I don't know what I am going to do. This is BS.
    08-04-09 10:44 PM
    It really shouldn't be doing that, I don't know wtf is up with all these issues. They all seem to be Verizon specific? Or app specific? I don't have either of them, and I've never got that error downloading the apps I do have.
    08-04-09 10:47 PM
    Phone was rebooting after Viigo download. It rebooted to the 552 error screen. Same result after many a battery pull.

Had to take the phone in to Verizon, since I could not use DTM (I have only a Mac and no Bootcamp setup). Verizon took a look at it. They gave up and swapped the phone.

Unfortunate course of events, I'd say.
    08-04-09 10:52 PM
    Evernote does this every time as does the nexflix Movela app, I have also had issue with Documents to go. I have learned after the few days I have had to phone to install only one app at a time, do a battery pull and make sure it loads. If it doesn't, I connect up desktop manager an uninstall the offending app. That fixes it everytime.

Not sure if this is a tour issue or and issue with the 4.7.1.40 OS. I actually returned my first tour as I thought it was defective, but can't imagine 2 in a row having the issue.
    How do you use DM to uninstall an app when the phone doesn't restart. I tried this and phone isn't recognized. I will try one app at a time but with the time the phone takes to restart I will get like 5 apps per hour. *Screaming and pulling hair*
    08-04-09 10:59 PM
    I have had to wipe and reload my Tour 3 times as well. Always occurs on installation. Can't wait for a OS update!
    08-04-09 11:46 PM
    I am installing apps a few at a time and then restarting. Very time consuming. So far so good. Well hope I didn't speak too soon.

08-05-09 01:19 AM
    I am now on my 4th phone and am still having issues. I can't see what apps are causing this issue. I kno of a few but I stay away from them and phone still crashes.
    08-06-09 01:14 PM
    I am now on my 4th phone and am still having issues. I can't see what apps are causing this issue. I kno of a few but I stay away from them and phone still crashes.

The problem I have found is that some apps that are not compatible with the Tour will install and run fine *for a while* then you will install something else and that is when the issue comes into play for me. I was installing the audible app and the sling player app for the bold and they would work fine for a while. But then I would install something else and that is when it would give me the the 552 error.

So I quit installing anything that wasn't designed for the Tour all together. So far that has worked for me.

The good news is I have gotten pretty good at wiping and reinstalling the OS.
    08-06-09 01:20 PM
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

This is Lesson 12 that tells how to reload a nuked berry. I just used it the other day. Helped me.
    08-06-09 01:25 PM
    If you know what app caused it, you can still run desktop manager and uninstall it. Problem is when you don't know which app it might be. Then you have to either just re-install the OS or I have even wiped the BB and reinstalled.

Then the tedious part of installing all the apps.
    08-06-09 01:29 PM
    What brinky said is true. But if you can't see your BB with DM then lesson 12 will enable you to do so.
    08-06-09 01:49 PM
    Viigo has been causing my Curve 8350i to crash while rebooting, showing the "Reload Software: 552" error ever since the application was updated a couple of months ago.

It had been working fine until that update. It's just odd why some of us would be seeing the 552 error when installing this app, and others do not... the one thing that frustrates me about Blackberry...

I've also learned that when the 552 error shows up, a complete WIPE is totally and completely unnecessary...

Simply start Loader.exe located in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader", connect your device, then scroll down to the lousy piece of crap software thht is causing your device to fail... uncheck it, click "next", and voila... you're done. No Wiping!!!

Now, why can't RIM's sloppy site tell you how to do this? Go figure...
    Last edited by YITBOS7; 08-08-09 at 06:15 AM. Reason: misspelled word
    08-08-09 06:13 AM
    I have a 8310 curve. Tried to install Viigo and phone crashed; got white screen and had to reboot. Haven't tried Viigo since but I think that is one app that I can do without. All other apps install fine.
    08-08-09 07:19 AM
    I've also learned that when the 552 error shows up, a complete WIPE is totally and completely unnecessary...

Simply start Loader.exe located in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader", connect your device, then scroll down to the lousy piece of crap software thht is causing your device to fail... uncheck it, click "next", and voila... you're done. No Wiping!!!

Thank you very much for this tip! I just got this error for the first time this morning, removing the last couple apps I had downloaded solved the problem.
    08-08-09 09:34 AM
    I have had to wipe and reload my Tour 3 times as well. Always occurs on installation. Can't wait for a OS update!
    I'm on my second Tour.
    Also, everything worked grand until this morning, when I downloaded an OTA install of Amazon and the Washington Post (two huge memory hogging apps...they are not)

Error: 552

Trying to reboot the damn thing now, no idea how my girlfriend is going to call me to tell me she got off the plane OK
    08-09-09 10:50 AM
    Have you guys tried removing the bad app via Loader.exe, rather than wiping your devices?

It's gotten to the point where adding a simple app could be a volatile process .... simply unacceptable in my eyes! Especially when you're waiting for a "call from the airport", itsallverbatim.
    08-09-09 04:40 PM
    Just loaded some pictures with error messages I receive from various apps that are Tour compatible.
    08-11-09 12:36 AM
    Viigo has been causing my Curve 8350i to crash while rebooting, showing the "Reload Software: 552" error ever since the application was updated a couple of months ago.

It had been working fine until that update. It's just odd why some of us would be seeing the 552 error when installing this app, and others do not... the one thing that frustrates me about Blackberry...

Even after removing apps, this doesn't stop the error messages that were explained in first post. One day apps will work fine, then after a update or a reinstall they stop working.
    08-11-09 02:51 AM
    Do all of us experiencing these 552 errors all happen to have QuickLaunch installed? I never had any 552 errors prior to installing it. Since then, it happens most of the time when I try to install anything. The only other software of note that I installed around the same time as QuickLaunch was the latest version of App World.
    08-19-09 03:02 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD