Just wondering how it is holding up.

I laugh every day when a guy I work with has to charge his iPhone at lunch just to make it through the day.
    06-26-09 06:44 PM
    I hear the newer OS has a fantastic battery length. I can get through the day without charging but I'm not using bluetooth at all. Plus my house gets horrible reception so its always working hard while I'm home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 06:51 PM
    Just wondering how it is holding up.

I laugh every day when a guy I work with has to charge his iPhone at lunch just to make it through the day.
    Well, I think the fact that the phone, battery, and OS aren't too far off from some of the other tried and proven BB's that are known for epic battery life should give at least some sort of a clue.

If you want to see horrible battery life, go check out the Palm Pre. You'll hear guys say "I turned off bluetooth, wifi, GPS, etc. and now my battery makes it through the work day." To that, I say "yeah, but aren't those the features that made you buy the Pre?"
    06-26-09 07:13 PM
    Isn't it rumoured to last 5 hours talk time and 14 days standby?

I hope the rumours are true less then 4 hours talk time would kill me I'd have to get a second battery
    06-26-09 07:15 PM
    Isn't it rumoured to last 5 hours talk time and 14 days standby?

I hope the rumours are true less then 4 hours talk time would kill me I'd have to get a second battery

That's exactly what the BlackBerry site says.

On the BB web site, it also says that the Curve 8330 is 4 hours talk and 11 hours standby. My Curve has had absolutely epic battery life. If the Tour is as good or better than the Curve, we will have nothing to complain about.
    06-26-09 07:22 PM

On the BB web site, it also says that the Curve 8330 is 4 hours talk and 11 hours standby. My Curve has had absolutely epic battery life. If the Tour is as good or better than the Curve, we will have nothing to complain about.
    Going by RIM's published specs, the Tour's battery life at 5hr/14days stands somewhere right between the Bold (4.5hr/13.5days) and Storm (6hr/15days).
    06-26-09 07:26 PM
    I knew I had read those numbers someplace!

I hope that it is better than the tour, the tour needs a charge every day around 3pm for me, if I could get to 5pm with out a charge that would be perfect,

I might have to invest in the better battery
    06-26-09 07:37 PM

Define epic
    06-27-09 11:43 AM
    Define epic
    How about for starters a power user being able to make it through the entire day and night on a single charge, all the while having all the features of the phone turned on and active...
    06-27-09 11:53 AM
    How about for starters a power user being able to make it through the entire day and night on a single charge, all the while having all the features of the phone turned on and active...
    Sounds good to me
    06-27-09 11:57 AM
    I email, bbm, txt, call, and everything else you can imagine on my phone. My battery lasts from 6 am until 12 at night of the same day and still have some battery left (around 20%).

Its really really good.
    06-27-09 11:57 AM
    And that is not even running the latest firmware correct?
    06-27-09 12:00 PM
    And that is not even running the latest firmware correct?
    Thats right!
    06-27-09 12:01 PM
    according to the website the battery gets slightly less then the storm..

which didn't make sense to me but thats what they have listed..
    06-27-09 02:55 PM
    RIM really needs to devise better power stats than "talk" and "standby" time. Those are ancient cellular concepts that really do not apply with today's range of smartphone features (email, text, music, web browsing, etc.) While I agree that we need the maximum possible battery life, I always take advantage of "topping off" my current BB when I'm at my desk via USB or in the car via the DC charger.
    06-27-09 03:05 PM
    I would have thought that the Tour, which is a full-QWERTY device, should at least have the same, or more, battery life than the touch-screen Storm.
    06-27-09 03:32 PM
    I would have thought that the Tour, which is a full-QWERTY device, should at least have the same, or more, battery life than the touch-screen Storm.
    I never updated the software on my STORM, but the battery was awful...

I also had an IPHONE, the battery was awful too if you were really using the phone...

The TOUR on the other hand.... has an amazing battery... at least the the OS version I have, which is NOT the latest...

P.S. if any of you wants to hook me up with the latest OS I won't get mad
    06-27-09 06:16 PM

I think we all would have thought this but I just read what I read on there site..
    06-27-09 06:18 PM
    I email, bbm, txt, call, and everything else you can imagine on my phone. My battery lasts from 6 am until 12 at night of the same day and still have some battery left (around 20%).

Its really really good.
    salomdrin is this with the screen brightness at normal or the highest? I tend to turn the screen all the way down in order to achieve the best battery life out of my devices.
    06-27-09 06:27 PM
    salomdrin is this with the screen brightness at normal or the highest? I tend to turn the screen all the way down in order to achieve the best battery life out of my devices.
    NORMAL settings for the screen.
    06-27-09 06:30 PM
    thanks your the best
    06-27-09 11:45 PM
    "and Storm (6hr/15days)".
    Lolz.

Did anyone from RIM actually make some phone calls on the storm before they released it?

If i got 6 hours talk time in a day its because i hadnt yet unplugged the phone from the charger..
    06-29-09 08:25 AM
    I get HORRIBLE battery life on my storm, too. It's one of the reasons I'm getting the tour. Can't work with this phone. I have too much business to do to be on a dead battery by lunch.
    06-29-09 09:19 AM
    As long as it is as good or just under what the curve has, it will be acceptible enough for me to want it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD