Hi,

I have a work provided Tour with my corp email BES on Verizon and I got it unlocked and have my personal line from AT&T activated with a Blackberry data plan.

It works amazingly well except for one flaw. When I switch to the GSM radio, I of course miss any corp emails that come in during that time but since my AT&T is setup with BIS, I continue to get my Hotmail.

The problem is that when I flip back to the CDMA radio, the corp email that came in while I was "away" does not come down to the Blackberry. What's interesting is that if I just turn the phone off and do a battery pull, any email that came in while I was disconnected does sync up.

My theory is that when I switch to the AT&T BIS server side, the phone thinks its still connected to Blackberry so I'm guessing it must use some time stamp to determine if it's synced up or not.

For example, I switch to GSM at 10:00. At 10:05 an email comes into my corp account. At 10:10, I switch back to CDMA and I never get the 10:05 email on my Blackberry. I do continue to get anything new after that point. I think the Blackberry must think that since he is still connected to a BIS server that the email is all synced up to 10:10 when I flip back over when in fact, he missed the email on the corp side.

Does this make any sense? Anyone out there using a setup like this? Is there any way to work around this issue? Maybe somehow turn off my corp email while on GSM so that when I flip back to CDMA and BES, it knows that it has to go back and synchronize for the entire time it was away just like it does if I simply power off the phone?

Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Frank
    08-22-09 09:46 AM
    This is perhaps a "messy" suggestion...but maybe you could set up your work email through the at&t BIS so when you are switched to at&t you still get work emails. I have a corporate BES account but decided instead of carrying two blackberries I set up my work email through BIS. It's not as functional but works fine for me. So when on cdma you have BES but when on gsm you can still at least get your emails.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 10:00 AM
    Unfortunately, my work does not allow Outlook Web Access to the public Internet and the BES is of course setup for my work provided Verizon number. So, I don't have any way to add my work email to the AT&T BIS server on my personal line.

I'm perfectly OK with not getting my corp email while I'm using my personal line on the AT&T side. But, I really need for my work email to sync back up once I return to the Verizon side so any appointments, etc. get into my calendar on the Blackberry etc.
    08-22-09 10:55 AM
    Why don't you just add BES service to the AT&T line?
    08-22-09 12:29 PM
    Why don't you just add BES service to the AT&T line?
    Boss won't pay for both. There is an internal company charge back that she would have to pay.
    08-22-09 01:07 PM
    I have a question for you,

I would like to do the same thing, but mine would be personal email.

When your on CDMA, will your GSM # still ring? or vice versa? OR does it completly shut down the one carrier and use the other.

Since i sold my 8830, i have a flip phone and an iphone, looking to get back to 1 device, and the TOUR would let me have both my verizon line and a ATT line in one.

Thanks for the input in advance.
    09-03-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD