Does anyone here actually prefer the BB Browser in 4.7.1 over the likes of Opera Mini or Bolt? I came from an 8130 on OS 4.5 which had a terrible browser installed on it. I became used to using Opera Mini because it was infinitely better.

Fast forward to yesterday. I get home with my shiny new Tour, and immediately fire up the browser and head to mini.opera.com to get Opera Mini. For some reason, Opera Mini is quite finnicky for me. Socket connection doesn't work, and it seems like tables and formatting on many sites is really messed up; even sites that worked perfectly for my pearl just yesterday morning. I thought that was very odd. So now i'm a full time BB browser user (till skyfire ). I only wish there were speed dials! (if anyone knows how to do this i would absolutely love to know!)

Any thoughts from CB Nation Tour owners?
    07-19-09 09:57 AM
    I'm about 50-50. Some sites I'll still visit using Column View instead of Full Page. Also, there are a few sites (CB.com included) that I'll probably always prefer the wap/mobile versions over the full version. I haven't even had the phone a week yet though, so I'll continue surfing and see. I really do try to avoid heavy sites though, probably just because I'm impatient.

I did have to go change some font settings so I didn't go blind.

Oh, and nice to see another ManU fan out here. Cheers.
    07-19-09 10:08 AM
    I just like to think of the BB Browser as a thing I use to download apps when they're not in the App World. I use third party browsers.
    07-19-09 10:09 AM
    I tried out the tour and was not able to adjust font sizes as I can with my 8830. It appears that column view is necessary for font adjustment.
    07-19-09 11:25 AM
    yeah can't wait till skyfire
    07-19-09 11:27 AM
    I'm came from a Storm so I'm just learning about keyboard shortcuts. I'm loving the bb browser because of them. The z button has proven especially useful on sites like cb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:44 AM
    I don't really surf the internet on my Tour like I would with a laptop. The BB Browser is good enough. All my internet functions are BB apps...
    07-19-09 12:31 PM
    I was surprised by how well the stock browser worked but I like opera mini a lot better. When I need a full page I use bolt but I try to stick to mobile pages as much as possible. I am looking forward to the rumored tabbed browser in 5.0. That is the one thing I miss from windows mobile, opera mobile is absolutely top notch. RIM needs to get off their high horse and let them make a blackberry version,

07-19-09 12:40 PM
    i was using opera in my old pearl for the past couple of years. i hated using the bb browser then. but then after using the bb browser on the tour, it's leaps and bounds better on this os, than on the pearl. i actually deleted opera mini on the tour and now strictly use the bb browser.
    07-19-09 12:41 PM
    I use a combination.. on sites that have a mobile site I use the bb browser and on sites that I want to see the full view I use opera mini or bolt..
    07-19-09 12:52 PM
    Prefer the BB browser. Was a big Opera Mini fan but the native browser is pretty good for my needs.
    07-19-09 01:19 PM
    Bolt is working great for me. Way happy with it.
    07-19-09 01:45 PM
    Looking forward to Skyfire as well, supposedly it's gonna be the best one out there.
    07-19-09 02:18 PM
    I'm using BOLT on my 8320. It's faster and better than opera or BB browser its self. Just give it a try!

07-19-09 04:48 PM
    What's up with the text size on the new browser? Every site i visit, it's tiny as heck, and I always have to click once to zoom in. Even after the zoom, it's still tiny. I used the browser options to change the default text size, but it didn't make a difference. I'm sure I'm missing something easy here.

BTW, I used Opera for a bit with the Curve...and overall it pretty much sucked. Socket errors other annoyances drove me back to the native BB browser.
    Instead of using the magnifying glass to zoom, try pressing z. I've been thrilled since I found that little trick.

07-19-09 05:25 PM
    Z switches it between column and page view. I use the bb browser 100% now. I hope the next update fixes both the browser's tiny font and the huge font in text e-mails!

07-19-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD