This is a real limitation for me on my curve. I get lots of pdfs via email, and the native pdf viewer is terrible. Image is way too small. When you zoom, it looks great, but once you enhance it, you than can't pan and scroll.

I have tried 3d party pdf viewers, but can't make them open pdfs attached to emails unless i first save the file, then open it. Too much work.

I don't know what the pdf viewer on the storm is like. Anybody with a storm comment on this? And will the niagra have this viewer?

Figure if BB is focusing on business users, this would be a big issue. Getting docs to go in the latest release really helped keep me onboard with BB.
    03-27-09 03:46 PM
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they're keeping the same pdf viewer they have now. Don't quote me on that though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 04:11 PM
    Yeah, don't expect much of a difference from what you've seen so far in OS4.6-4.7.
    03-27-09 04:54 PM
    I'm updating this in case any new Tour owners are looking for PDF viewers - especially coming from the storm which was horrible.

Just got my Tour setup and I can happily report that the internal PDF viewer is much better than the storm.

Image is way too small. When you zoom, it looks great, but once you enhance it, you than can't pan and scroll.
    This was my exact experience on the Storm which sucked. Well, the good news is the Tour is different and much better. Open the attachment which is still a little small (bigger than on the storm) but when you zoom it automatically enhances. Then when done zooming you can move around the enhanced document and clearly read all sections of it - it enhanced the whole thing as you zoomed.

Hope that helps a little.

EJ

*I'm on BES ONLY and I guess that means YMMV!
    07-14-09 03:01 PM
    After you zoom in, it now goes back to pan mode. So its a lot better, least for me.
    07-14-09 03:08 PM
    This is a real limitation for me on my curve. I get lots of pdfs via email, and the native pdf viewer is terrible. Image is way too small. When you zoom, it looks great, but once you enhance it, you than can't pan and scroll.

I have tried 3d party pdf viewers, but can't make them open pdfs attached to emails unless i first save the file, then open it. Too much work.

I don't know what the pdf viewer on the storm is like. Anybody with a storm comment on this? And will the niagra have this viewer?

Figure if BB is focusing on business users, this would be a big issue. Getting docs to go in the latest release really helped keep me onboard with BB.
    The BB PDF viewer that is built in will automatically open PDF's for you.

I do not believe in anything 3rd party when there is already an app onboard that will perform a function.

Pollution and memory waste.
    07-14-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD