View Poll Results: Returning, Keeping, or no problems?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • No screen ripple at all no matter how much pressure is applied.

24 18.90%
  • Small screen ripple- Keeping phone, dealing with it.

91 71.65%
  • Small screen ripple- Returning phone, it shouldn't do this!

3 2.36%
  • Bad screen ripple- Keeping my phone

6 4.72%
  • Bad screen ripple- returning the phone.

2 1.57%
  • Screen ripple damaged my phone.

1 0.79%
    Well I have a Sprint 9630 and I love it, best Blackberry and even the best phone I have owned to date for myself and needs, I truly am impressed. Part of the reason I have the Tour is because of the quality problems I had with the Pre.

Well although a perfect idea my Tour itself is not perfect. I have what I consider a pretty loose battery door and the screen ripple effect. When pressing the trackball mostly I get a small ripple in the lower left and right hand corners. Now I can't always notice this as I assume it depends on how hard I hit the trackball but it's there..

My question is how many people are just dealing with the screen ripple and keeping their phone? Poll posted.
    07-22-09 10:18 PM
    I have it, ill worry about it latter. I have learned not to nitpick. Im sure RIM knows and they will deal with it. For now, Im leaving it alone,
    07-22-09 10:24 PM
    yeah - if theres a fix for it, Ill trade it in
    If not, its not to much to worry about
    07-22-09 10:26 PM
    I'm sure the small "screen ripple" is no big deal.
    07-22-09 10:30 PM
    There is a small screen ripple on my Tour. I'm just dealing with it since it's only noticeable on a dark screen and doesn't affect the functionality of the phone.
    07-22-09 10:34 PM
    Hmm looking like the majority of phones have at least a small screen ripple. I am curious though about the screen ripple damaging someones phone? I only put that on there because I ran out of ideas.
    07-22-09 11:34 PM
    It's not too bad only when I am in the menu area is when I notice it but other than that, it 's fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 12:10 AM
    What is a screen ripple? When I touch my screen nothing happens. So I assume I don't have it.
    07-23-09 12:26 AM
    The Screen ripple is there on my Sprint Tour.... I just don't touch the screen...
    07-23-09 12:35 AM
    Yeah I'm just dealing with it. It kinda sucks but I just try to not push down on the trackball as hard.

07-23-09 01:04 AM
    didnt even notice it until i saw everyone complaining about it. then lone behold this after noon in the bottom corner i noticed once. so i pressed the button again and again and again. now i see it every time.
    07-23-09 02:27 AM
    didnt even notice it until i saw everyone complaining about it. then lone behold this after noon in the bottom corner i noticed once. so i pressed the button again and again and again. now i see it every time.
    Same here. Any my battery door is a little loose. It's like every time I read through this site, I find new things wrong with my Tour that I never knew about before. If I stop reading here, will my Tour stop having issues?
    07-23-09 04:57 AM
    Seems to me that this ripple is causing very few people to return their phone. I have insurance so I am sure I will just hang with it for awhile and if something happens make a claim. I too mainly notice it on the darker screens as well.
    07-23-09 11:23 AM
    When I poke my Sharp Aqous the screen ripples too, I'm sending it back:-P

It's not a problem with the screen, it's just the hardware around it. My buttons nor trackball make the screen ripple, but if i press hard in the very top hand corner of the end button I get it a bit.

I Don't like any of the poll options, as if mine (like all) have the screen ripple, I don't think it's something to "deal with" I myself, don't see it as a problem once so ever.
    07-23-09 11:29 AM
    You guys must be mashing the buttons. I noticed it on the tour at the store but only way i saw it is if i squeezed the phone a little on the sides but that's not an issue for me. It's barely noticible..
    07-23-09 11:36 AM
    I notice a very small ripple in the bottom corners every now and then, but more often then not it doesn't. keeping it till something major.
    07-23-09 11:47 AM
    Very very very slight ripple on this phone, barely noticeable unless you're looking hard for it. Battery door is tight though, so yay for that.
    07-23-09 11:58 AM
    I have absolutely no screen ripple at all. My new Tour has pretty much been awesome from day 1.
    07-23-09 12:39 PM
    What is the alternative to "dealing with it"? The chance that there would be a major hardware change to eliminate this seems doubtful. This is not a defect, unlike the battery door. As a PP stated, it's simply due to the proximity of the buttons to the screen.

I long for the day when there are no longer threads that include the words "screen ripple" in the title.

07-23-09 12:47 PM
    LOL. I was the same way. Never even paid attention until someone posted it. Not I catch myself looking. Sure it shows on dark backgrounds, but I went and tried out a total of 11 phones at two different stores and all had a slight ripple in the lower corners. Not a big deal to me, but I do carry insurance.
    07-23-09 05:34 PM
    Well I have a Sprint 9630 and I love it, best Blackberry and even the best phone I have owned to date for myself and needs, I truly am impressed. Part of the reason I have the Tour is because of the quality problems I had with the Pre.

Well although a perfect idea my Tour itself is not perfect. I have what I consider a pretty loose battery door and the screen ripple effect. When pressing the trackball mostly I get a small ripple in the lower left and right hand corners. Now I can't always notice this as I assume it depends on how hard I hit the trackball but it's there..

My question is how many people are just dealing with the screen ripple and keeping their phone? Poll posted.
    I've had the phone since 15th and I am noticing more and more of ripple and loose batt. cover. it seems to be getting worse and worse with more use. Not only that, I've had trackball issue and just today,

Just today, I tried plugging in the bb headset that came with it wow, what a JUNK! It makes the ipod oem earbuds sound like Bose! Not sure if the prob. is the headset or the phone connection but it seems to be the phone connection. you have to get the connection just right to get the music playing through headset. This is waaaayyy too many issues than i'd like to have from $200 phone, honestly!
    07-23-09 05:48 PM
    See that's the thing. I'm not smashing buttons. I lightly press any of the top four and the ripple occurs in both corners. I mean if I get a new Tour tonight and it has the same problem then I understand and I will deal with it. I have nothing to lose by getting a new Tour...plus my Tour was not sealed when it arrived.
    Same here - Normal usage causes a sea of waves in the corners of mine
    If i find a way to backup apps and such, so that i dont have to sit here and reinstall every damn one by hand, id get it replaced with one that doesnt ripple
    07-23-09 05:57 PM
    Ummm, backing up your apps is not difficult. See the following threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...rocedure-53359

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    07-23-09 06:09 PM
    Ummm, backing up your apps is not difficult. See the following threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...rocedure-53359

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    YIKES...11 pagers...Hey, thanks for this! I need to research this cause I plan on returning my Tour tomorrow...I was afraid of losing all apps, etc. Hopefully I can figure it out.
    07-23-09 06:29 PM
    yeah the first thing i noticed with my tour was the screen ripples, though i am not going to return my tour over it...that is unless RIM fixes the problem with a later batch of tours (i got insurance so it wouldn't be the end of the world). Also on a similar note has anyone scratched their screens yet? The first accessory i got for my phone (after allot of problems with Verizon and them not having it in stock and then them not shipping it to me) was a screen protector. The only one Verizon had was the privacy view one and i can already see scratches on that.
    07-23-09 08:43 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD