Hi all.
    I'm hearing that the bugs are out of the new Tours and would like to get one.
    Has anyone just gotten one recently and have you had any problems?
    Thanks!
    - Dave
    10-28-09 08:14 AM
    Yeah, I got mine last Friday in Virginia... nothing's wrong with mine and I am on Sprint.
    10-28-09 08:20 AM
    Hi all.
    Thanks!
    - Dave
    Received first about 36 days ago and track ball failed on day 35. Received replacement yesterday and so far it is working fine, but I suspect that track ball will fail again. Btw, both were green dot specials.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 08:22 AM
    Got mine last week and no issues thus far. Even it the trackball fails it's still an upgrade over my Storm.
    10-28-09 08:26 AM
    I picked up a Tour for my wife last week when I got a Storm so we could play with both before the Storm 2 came out. She loves hers so much that she is keeping it. I am getting the Storm 2 because I am addicted to using the split keyboard after using on for 4 years and the Storm has that option. The Tour is a great phone if you can type well on a full keyboard.
    10-28-09 08:31 AM
    Received first about 36 days ago and track ball failed on day 35. Received replacement yesterday and so far it is working fine, but I suspect that track ball will fail again. Btw, both were green dot specials.

Green dots have nothing to do with hardware issues.
    10-28-09 08:33 AM
    We got ours about 2 weeks ago at the VZW store here in town. Both work great. They were also green dots. I "thought" I had an issue with the trackball. Brought it back in. Played around with one of the reps BB's and his trackball felt the same as mine; felt my husband's, his was the same....I decided to stick with it. They told me I had a year warranty on the thing anyway, so anytime, bring it back. I'm new to BB, so I wasn't sure how the trackball should "feel".
    I really love my Tour, and don't think I'll go back to a regular cell phone!
    10-28-09 08:36 AM
    Got mine on 9/29 - no problems.

10-28-09 08:36 AM
    got mine yesterday..no issues yet...except for the browser and how i have to zoom in all the time,,which im sure there is some sort of work around that i have yet to discover....my curve 8330 never did this,
    10-28-09 08:41 AM
    got mine yesterday..no issues yet...except for the browser and how i have to zoom in all the time,,which im sure there is some sort of work around that i have yet to discover....my curve 8330 never did this,
    Browser options
    Column mode
    Increase fonts to 12 with a minimum of 10

*smile*
    Dm
    10-28-09 08:58 AM
    yeah o got mine on he 23rd of this month and i have not had any problems what so ever
    10-28-09 09:01 AM
    got my 1st one in early Aug w/little problems. had an error and Sprint sent me a new phone mfr date 9/18. Had this about a month and it works great. I'm a happy camper.
    10-28-09 09:07 AM
    i got mine on Friday on the 23rd of this month with a built date of 101009. it works perfectly. had to have my first one replace cuz my son dropped it and messed it up but that one i got in september wit a built day of 220709 and that worked great too till my son got ahold of it. asurion traded me out my old one for a brand spanking new one in the box with all the accessories sealed up.

10-28-09 09:13 AM
    Just got mine yesterday and I'm lovin it! Didn't even have the phone for 12 hours before I threw the 5.0 hybrid on it. I upgraded from the curve that had a 5.0 hybrid on it as well and I got really comfortable with the threaded sms. But so far so good! I love this phone!!

10-28-09 09:25 AM
    I got mine on the 21st of the month -- so about a week now and no problems.
    10-28-09 09:28 AM
    I got my tour about a week after it first came out. A friend of mine did the same and he bricked his so bad he had to replace it with a new one. His new one has a tighter track ball and the back of it isn't loose like mine is. No problems with his and other than mine having a loose back I haven't had many problems until I bricked my phone trying to upgrade to the 5.0 bbm. I reinstalled the software from plugging my tour into my computer with the bb desktop manager and It fixed it fine except all my games in my game folder disappeared. Anyone know how to get them back? Or where I can download them to my phone? I'm talking about word mole, klondike, and poker.
    10-28-09 09:32 AM
    Received a brand-new (not refurbished) replacement from Sprint the other night. It was built on September 29, 2009 (Mexico 5). This is my 5th Tour since July 23rd and, yes, the manufacturing defects have been resolved. I have a functioning trackball & keyboard. The screen does not flicker when using the trackball, app or back buttons and the battery cover has a nice, tight fit. Can't say that about any of the other 4 Tours I have owned over the last 3 months.
    10-28-09 10:06 AM
    I got my tour about a week after it first came out. A friend of mine did the same and he bricked his so bad he had to replace it with a new one. His new one has a tighter track ball and the back of it isn't loose like mine is. No problems with his and other than mine having a loose back I haven't had many problems until I bricked my phone trying to upgrade to the 5.0 bbm. I reinstalled the software from plugging my tour into my computer with the bb desktop manager and It fixed it fine except all my games in my game folder disappeared. Anyone know how to get them back? Or where I can download them to my phone? I'm talking about word mole, klondike, and poker.
    I just bricked mine downloading BBM 5.0 and after reading this I looked in my games file and sure enough they're gone. LOL...I bricked my 1st Tour 7 times and never lost the games before. Seems like 5.0 is getting worse.

Anyway, more on topic...you won't have any problems so much until you start downloading apps. Be cautious with Viigo and BBM 5.0 especially if you're running your carriers official OS software for your Tour.

I think the "bugs" the OP is referring to is actually the hardware issues (i.e. sticky trackball and loose battery doors). Yes most of these have been fixed by now. Of course, some people still have their devices not realizing that it's an issue at all...they probably just think the device sucks...lol.
    Last edited by Tour Up From the Floor Up; 10-28-09 at 10:11 AM.
    10-28-09 10:08 AM
    I got mine almost a month ago and no problems whatsoever...

10-28-09 11:22 AM
    Hi all.
    Thanks!
    - Dave
    I got mine last friday from the Sprint store and it is working perfectly.

10-28-09 01:47 PM
    I got mine on the 23rd, working like a charm
    10-29-09 10:04 AM
    Getting two of them tomorrow and will report back later. But, we're keeping my Storm and her Curve in case we have problems have to switch back. But, I'm not expecting any issues with them.
    10-29-09 11:44 AM
    Bought mine from Verizon In Burbank, CA on 10-18-2009, no problems, however, the battery door is becoming loose. It wasnt when I first purchased it. Besides that all is great, this is my 2nd BB, first was the curve.
    10-29-09 12:28 PM
    I got my Tour almost two weeks ago. It's working perfectly. I love it.
    10-29-09 12:31 PM
    ive noticed if a track died 32 days into haven it it just need to be cleaned most phones with real trackball problems are messed up as soon as you get it or withen a day or so
    10-29-09 12:49 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD