I've been really unlucky with issues with the trackball and other issues with the phone. When I spoke with the representative about getting my fourth tour, she mentioned that if this "new" replacement has defects/issues again, then they'll send me a brand new one.

Has anyone experienced getting a new one instead of a certified like new?
    03-20-10 09:52 PM
    If you're going on your fourth Tour, then I agree you have had some seriously bad luck. If that happened to me I think I would have to move to a different phone.

I'm on my first Tour, bought last October. Zero problems other than having to clean the trackball once.
    03-20-10 09:59 PM
    im on my 5th tour going to get number 6 i swear if the bold 9650 have issues im going to driod
    03-20-10 10:15 PM
    If someone got a NEW phone for a replacement it wasn't with Verizon. I have had to replace 3 Tours and they never suggested it and I've had the Tour since Sept.09 and the last phone I replaced was in Feb 10. I'm still happy with the Tour tho this phone is great

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 10:54 PM
    About 2 months ago my tour just completely died. No warning, no nothing. It had been working fine up until then, not even any problems with the trackball except a few sticky times if you know what I mean. Took it to Verizon, they said there was no hope for it and sent me a refurb. Had it 2 days, and it did exactly the same thing. (Might I add that I do not download random things or weird unofficial stuff on my berry at all). Anyway, I went back to Verizon and they sent me another and that one was COMPLETELY brand new. Not refurbed at all. I haven't had a problem since I am happy to say

03-21-10 12:16 AM
    I received a replacement due to an LCD problem. Had the Tour for less than 48 hours. I assume it's new since it came from a sealed box, but is there any other way of verifying? Should it denote 'refurbished' on the phone itself?
    03-21-10 01:26 AM
    I received a replacement due to an LCD problem. Had the Tour for less than 48 hours. I assume it's new since it came from a sealed box, but is there any other way of verifying? Should it denote 'refurbished' on the phone itself?
    If you get a replacement phone from Verizon shipped to you than you can be sure it's a refurbished phone unless like in your case it came out of a sealed box, and if I remember correctly there are some carriers that mention the phone being refurbished somewhere in the "About" option on your phone.
    03-22-10 08:19 AM
    That sucks your having that issue. Almost guaranteed each replacement you get from Verizon is a refurbished phone. I went through 4 different Storm 1's and each one was worse than the original so even after all those replacements I sent them all back and stuck with my first one. Anyway, I got the Tour back in November and never had any issues with it.
    03-22-10 08:34 AM
    I'm on my third but it should have only been my second. The first 9630 broke and was sent back to VZW. They sent out a replacement over night. I opened the box, had the thing registered and went through all of the setup, but the refurb they sent me was screwed up too. The phone was turning on and off my network connections at will about every 5 to 10 minutes. I returned that phone the next day and they sent me out another one (this time brand new), technically my third, that I have been using for a while now.
    03-22-10 11:20 AM
    doesn't verizon let you pick another phone after the third one fails, or is that wrong.
    03-24-10 12:46 AM
    I've had about 3 replacement tours so far. I think the latest one they gave me was brand new. It came in a different box, and it came with a back piece. Inno i could be wrong.
    03-24-10 01:42 AM
    doesn't verizon let you pick another phone after the third one fails, or is that wrong.
    They used to, but too many people would take aadvantage of that, just to get a new device, so the program has been discontinued. (I purposefully spelled "aadvantage" that way, as I'm sitting on an American Airlines flight at the moment...)

03-24-10 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD