I tried out bolt and I although it definetly did render out pages a little faster, I liked the user interface of the tour's browser more. It seemed that on the bold, the mouse pointer locks onto links and images, while the tour's browser pointer is completely free to move anywhere.

Im not sure why, I just like the default one better.
    07-23-09 10:12 PM
    I totally use the default, did on my Curve too. It's not like I can't wait to get to browse the internet on my phone, I just do it when I have to, and the default browser works fine for me.
    07-23-09 10:14 PM
    Same here. It's not bad at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:16 PM
    It works fine for me. I downloaded Bolt just in case but most of the time, if I need to get online, I have access to a computer so I don't need to use it on my phone. It's just something for me to play around with if I get bored.
    07-23-09 10:24 PM
    I like the default browser also. I find myself using Bolt less and less on the Tour than I did on the Curve.
    07-23-09 10:26 PM
    Same here. I was actually very impressed with the RIM browser. I love that it automatically loads mobile friendly sites and then will also render regular full browser sites too. I also downloaded BOLT for those random times you need to render a full page. My online banking (through a local Idaho Credit Union) doesn't load on default browser completely because it redirects to a third party online banking system. But bolt loads it beautifully and I have also been very impressed with BOLT. The default is just more convenient and practical because that is what the OS is built around.
    07-23-09 10:30 PM
    As others have said, I have BOLT for the rare occasion where the Tour browser doesn't cut it. The vast majority of the time, its default browser for me now. HUGE improvement over the older BB browsers.
    07-23-09 10:32 PM
    I had BOLT for my curve, but i was just blown away by the Tour's Default browser...
    07-23-09 10:37 PM
    i love the default browser. I downloaded bolt and it was very slow for me. the native browser rendered pages much faster for some reason.
    07-23-09 10:37 PM
    There are only a few instances (usually my bank) where the default browser falls short, but I resort to Opera mini instead of BOLT.
    07-23-09 10:41 PM
    Definitely use the default browser... no need for anything else for my browsing needs.
    07-23-09 10:45 PM
    I downloaded Opera Mini on the advice of an experienced 8830 user. I've found the default Tour browser does a much better job of rendering pages as they would appear in a standard browser on a computer than Opera does. Opera typically messes up the layout. In some cases Opera does render text more readable. But, overall, I'm underwhelmed by Opera and pleasantly surprised by the default browser.
    07-23-09 11:00 PM
    same here, i use the default browser 90% of the time, and generally the only thing i use opera for on a regular basis is my banking website which never seems to load on the bb browsers properly.
    07-23-09 11:42 PM
    its perfect for me. no complaints. dnt understand the big deal about bolt and opera.
    07-23-09 11:58 PM
    Works awesome over here. I know a lot of people prefer other browsers, but I see no issue with the default, and it's been lightning fast for me too, which is a plus.

07-24-09 12:08 AM
    Yes, I use the default. I have no issues or quams with it...
    07-24-09 12:13 AM
    I use the the native browser as well. Its the best browser to date on a blackberry.

07-24-09 12:36 AM
    Absolutely loving the default browser. I've downloaded both the Opera Mini browser and bolt browser and have since uninstalled both. While they definitely had strengths, i feel the best and smoothest overall experience is found in the default.
    07-24-09 01:05 AM
    Dig it. Huge improvement.

07-24-09 01:09 AM
    i like it ...gets my jobs done
    07-24-09 03:56 AM
    Its acceptable but still the worst of all the major's. Luckily, BB will add tabs whith 5.0 which will be a major usability improvement.
    07-24-09 06:44 AM
    Its a phone not a computer, that being said, i use the default browser and i think it's' great. I used opera mini on my Pearl 8130 but no need for that with this phone.And like garment69 said 5.0 should be even better.

07-24-09 06:55 AM
    I had used a curve a little bit before and hated the default browser. I downloaded opera and bolt to see which i liked, and hate Opera. BOlt is nice, but i like the default one even more. It also is where any email links open up, so its more convenient
    07-24-09 06:59 AM
    The default browser is great for Crackberry WAP forums and for mobile sites, but I still prefer Bolt for full-page desktop like browsing. With Bolt, the pages look identical to on my computer and you can play video within the browser; very cool!
    07-24-09 07:31 AM
    I love the BB browser on the Tour! Its fast, and does a great job! I also tried out Bold and OM, but they were faster, but sucked veiwing pages on it with all the zooming I had to do on it. BB browser is the best for me!
    07-24-09 07:44 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD