I'm an employee there myself and the reason they gave you the runaround, although you had a note in your account saying it was OK to exchange the device is because you had already done one exchange within thirty days. The computer system literally WILL NOT allow a second exchange no matter what the representative tries to do. The reason they had to talk to a manager is because the manager most likely had to sell you a new tour and discount the difference in price which is a HUGE hit on the store.
    Makes sense. He had an attitude about it. He asked how I was permitted two exchanges. When I started into the story about the Curve having the speaker blast problem (in a busy store), he cut me off and just let it slide.

However it does suck that customer service said it was okay but it should have been done BY customer service. They could have easily sent you a replacement.
    This part baffled me. I was told by CS that I would be sent a Tour. When we were making the arrangements and CS was processing, I was instead told simply "Go back to the store." I asked why and they couldn't really explain. But, after the store hassle, I was able to swap.

Anyhow, enough Verizon bashing from me. I got what I wanted (a working Blackberry without speaker blast) and they got what they want (a two year commitment with a $30 data plan added on).

I think the lesson is that unless you are running up a large commission on your transaction, work through *611 first.
    08-05-09 08:53 AM
    I'm getting the runaround from Verizon too. My Tour won't charge a majority of the time I plug it in, it says it's charging but after hours of being plugged in, I still only have one bar. I have to do numerous battery pulls to get it to charge and even then I have to wait at least 30 mins to see if I've gained a bar to know for sure that it's charging. I've already exchanged my Tour once because it got really hot at the bottom and the trackball wouldn't scroll.

The first time I brought it back for the charging problem the guy said that sometime blackberries just do that...Yeah, I've had 3 blackberries in the last 3-4 years and they've never showed as charging and not charged. Then I went to a different store and they told me to go back to the first one and have them do a test. I went back a 3rd time and the girl decided she's a software genius and told me that it's because of the new bbm and since it's not licensed it could void my warranty. I told her I was having this problem before I even installed the new bbm but she basically said she'll wipe the phone for me and do a reset but that's all she's going to do. I'm lucky if I ever get a full charge from this phone. Don't get me wrong, I like the Tour, I love it but I need one that works and they should be exchanging this for me, I got my Tour on the 12th, it's been less than a month.

Their policy says they offer one exchange within the 30 days unless it is due to defective equipment, which it looks like this is.
    08-05-09 10:47 AM
    I returned my 2nd Tour to the store in Pasadena, CA (Lake Avenue). I wasn't even asked why I was returning it.
    08-05-09 11:07 AM
    I returned my 2nd Tour to the store in Pasadena, CA (Lake Avenue). I wasn't even asked why I was returning it.
    I guess we r lucky. I go there for my problems and am always taken care of.

That store is always so busy though. I'm guessing they just want to get u out with no complaints so that they can just get to the next sale or upgrade. Not exactly sure how the stores work tho.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by EvolutionGSR; 08-05-09 at 11:24 AM.
    08-05-09 11:21 AM
    The Pasadena store you just want to shoot yourself due to how busy it is....The trick is to go Sunday morning when they open.....
    08-05-09 11:38 AM
    The Pasadena store you just want to shoot yourself due to how busy it is....The trick is to go Sunday morning when they open.....
    Hmmm wake up befor 12 on sunday or wait in line .....tough decision. Waiting has become more bearable with the BB tho hahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 11:58 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD